Headlight and corner bulbs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight and corner bulbs

Hey guys i just ordered the diamond cut headlights and clear corners for my 97 sport. I wanna get the headlight bulbs that look blue but shine whitish blue at nite...and the same for the corners..i saw someone got the diamond blues arte they them..i dont wanna spend a million bucks so if u guys and give me some help id appriciate it.

Jay

NRG Optics 9007 - headlights
PIAA SuperWite 3157s - corners
PIAA SuperWhite 194s - parking

You will pay top dollar for those PIAAs, but that's the setup I have, and it's completely the bluish white at night with a nice reflection during the day. I also have the diamond headlights. On www.tainted-reality.net/gb - if you look toward the bottom, the pic of the black truck is mine, sort of how it looks.

Glowin97x said:
if you wanna stay legal look into APC's 3157 titanium bulbs (whats in my truck) they are sliver so you cant see them, but still flash amber. I have been very happy with them
similar to them, silverstar makes signal bulbs that look blue when not lit, but shine amber at night.

Glowin97x said:
if you wanna stay legal look into APC's 3157 titanium bulbs (whats in my truck) they are sliver so you cant see them, but still flash amber. I have been very happy with them

We put a set of those in the 04 Z71 Tahoe in the corners to stay legal, very rich and look nice. But they weren't APC, were one of those imported brands from Japan or whatever.

The silverstar ones are okay, they shine really ugly in the wrong light, which is why I took them out. Both the blue and amber mixing just wasn't an attractive color to me.

Back