Heavy duty tranny or clutch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heavy duty tranny or clutch

02explorersport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport
My 02 Sport needs a heavier duty manual transmission or clutch assembly for towing any suggestions? Please help love my sport but just need it to tow better.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe you just need to regear the axles(s).

Why do you feel it needs to be heavier duty? How much are you towing?

Not towing excessive loads the camper weighs about 1600 but I have replaced slave cylinder and throwout bearing 45000 miles ago and now is time again and was hoping that heavier duty equipment would get more longevity

Um i don't know much about stick shifts, but I know throw out bearings don't last to long. What brand are you using? Could be a cheap asian made part

Um i don't know much about stick shifts, but I know throw out bearings don't last to long. What brand are you using? Could be a cheap asian made part

ive had 4 sticks and all have been on the original clutch and throw out bearing with over 160,000miles.

Not towing excessive loads the camper weighs about 1600 but I have replaced slave cylinder and throwout bearing 45000 miles ago and now is time again and was hoping that heavier duty equipment would get more longevity

did you replace the clutch 45,000 miles ago?

Back