Hello from Russia! 1995 Explorer.

ORREL

Reaction score
City, State
Saint-Pete, Russia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer "95 XLT Manual
Hi all!!

My name is Dmitriy, and i live in that snowy land on other side of Earth - in Russia, city - Saint-Petersburg. Working for an sales of used trucks class 8, think U know what is it (Freightliners and Kenworth are very popular here in RUS :) )

From the beginning wish to sorry for my bad english in this and my future posts :)

Apprx 1 year ago i buyed 1995 Ford Explorer 4.0 Manual transmisson. I didn't knew at that time, that in future will wish to build it up, but russian roads ordered me, haha :)

So, I installed 31 Cooper new discoverer tires, installed front radiator shield from toyota landcruiser-70, installed custom made expeditionary carrier on roof with spare tire on it, instead of stock railings, placed a DEPO front optics, bixenon in them, placed additionary 2 headlamps on front shield and placed a xenon lamps in, and 4 headlamps on roof.

Now i m planning to replace front stock bumper with shield for an winch bumper, and rear bumper too, like an TJM, but im gonna do it myself, replace shackles and leafs, and winch front torsions, for installing an 33" tires in.

I have a lot of questions about lifting my Exp and so on i wanna hope, that You guys mau help me in answering on it :)

Just in case, me and my friends like active rest and going out of the city for every week. We have an offroad club ALL4x4 ( www.vse-4x4.ru ), taking competitions and so on, and everywhere I m going on my Exp, regardless of the fact that most popular foreign cars for offroad in Russia are Patrols(safari) - Y60 and Y61, TLC-70-80 series and Suzuki Samurai.

So, nice to see U all.

With best regards, Dmitriy (thats name) ORREL.

Here are some photos of my Ford and me

Thats how i buyed him.

i-84.jpg

And then...

i-136.jpg

i-126.jpg

i-128.jpg

And the latest, 2weeks ago

i-148.jpg

i-149.jpg

i-150.jpg

i-151.jpg

And thats me on last offroad races in beginning of June. :)

i-153.jpg

i-152.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Dmitriy,

Seeing your Explorer in a Russian off road meet is inspiring to say the least! Way to go! Looks like you are up against some tough competition. Hang around on this forum long enough, and they will be in your rear view mirror all the time!

Power mods are what you need now. .456 or .488 gears front and back, differential lockers, transmission, transfer case upgrades, and some engine bolt on mods. These will have your competition scratching their heads with confusion...haha! A little bit of lift, for your 33" tires and your all set! Of course there are other mods to your suspension you can do, but these will get you going in the right direction for now.
I have a 95 as well, take a look at my public albums and you can see what I have done to mine so far.

<<<<<<look here!

Keep the pics coming! It is great to see a Ford in other countries!

Thanks for Invitation!

Seeing your Explorer in a Russian off road meet is inspiring to say the least! Way to go! Looks like you are up against some tough competition. Hang around on this forum long enough, and they will be in your rear view mirror all the time!
Many of them are there already :) I can put here some more photos :)

Power mods are what you need now.

If you only know, how bad is here with these mods... I can buy it only on ebay, we have not special shops fo, only 4[4 shops with universal parts (tires, winches, e.t.c)

.456 or .488 gears front and back,

i cant even imagine how will Exp go with such ratio)

differential lockers,

I have stock rear LSD, but its work can put me in another religion, these mod works only on-road, but not off...

transmission, transfer case upgrades, and some engine bolt on mods.

cannot find, what is engine bolt on mods??

These will have your competition scratching their heads with confusion...haha! A little bit of lift, for your 33" tires and your all set! Of course there are other mods to your suspension you can do, but these will get you going in the right direction for now.

finally i want 35 BFG AT, but for these size i have to buy 2nd car for city moving :)

I have a 95 as well, take a look at my public albums and you can see what I have done to mine so far.

This is that Im doing right now very closely :)

Bolt on Mods are things like a set of Exhaust headers, cold air intake, intake spacers, Bamachip engine tune, etc...

Thanks! understood :)

Hi all once again.

Installed front aluminium bamper by TJM from MMC pajero2, for masterwinch12500, and 33" Yokohama on -40 rims ))) Now planning BL 2" approximately.

c1cd8e97.jpg

4f9c6fb9.jpg

eb03615e.jpg

859f761f.jpg

c775a638.jpg

That bumper fits pretty good for being designed for a different vehicle.

sorry for delay post! first time i looked in international explorers,you have a nice looking explorer ,just happens to be the same colour or simular to mine! hello and welcome ,swampy:thumbsup:.

Back