• Register Today It's free!

Help!! 4 Codes came up

JLindley

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ex XLT, '97 Ex EB
I just replaced my spark plugs 2-3 days ago and the car has been running great until today. While i was driving down the road i noticed a jerky feel while the car was in fifth gear goin about 60 (car was misfiring), Then the check engine soon light came on and sometimes blinks. I stoped by my local advance auto store and had the codes read.
this is what came up.

P0136- 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 2
p0301- Cylinder 1 misfire
p0113- IAT sensor 1 circut high output
P0300- Random/multiple cylinder misfire

I dont know what the hell is going on. My Mechanic told me that he thinks its a bad ignition coil. I replaced that and it didnt work. The other things he told that it could be is a bad injector or a bad gasket in the intake manifold. what do you guys think. please help!
p.s the 02 sensor has been out for a while, i know thats not the probem.

I just replaced my spark plugs 2-3 days ago and the car has been running great until today. While i was driving down the road i noticed a jerky feel while the car was in fifth gear goin about 60 (car was misfiring), Then the check engine soon light came on and sometimes blinks. I stoped by my local advance auto store and had the codes read.
this is what came up.

P0136- 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 2
p0301- Cylinder 1 misfire
p0113- IAT sensor 1 circut high output
P0300- Random/multiple cylinder misfire

I dont know what the hell is going on. My Mechanic told me that he thinks its a bad ignition coil. I replaced that and it didnt work. The other things he told that it could be is a bad injector or a bad gasket in the intake manifold. what do you guys think. please help!
p.s the 02 sensor has been out for a while, i know thats not the probem.

:feedback:

Concentrate on the P301 and P0113 codes. You will need good wiring diagrams to pin down the IAT code. You did not ay what engine you have so I don't know if your truck has a seperat IAT sensor or if it is integral to the MAF senosr. IF it is a seperate sensor it will be easy to troubleshoot by buying a new one, they are pretty cheap. If you just replaced spark plugs check for any loose or unplugged electrical connectors. Also, remove and check the #1 plug and wire(coil pack and boot if a v8). It is possible to have a defective plug out of the box, it happens.

Concentrate on the P301 and P0113 codes. You will need good wiring diagrams to pin down the IAT code. You did not ay what engine you have so I don't know if your truck has a seperat IAT sensor or if it is integral to the MAF senosr. IF it is a seperate sensor it will be easy to troubleshoot by buying a new one, they are pretty cheap. If you just replaced spark plugs check for any loose or unplugged electrical connectors. Also, remove and check the #1 plug and wire(coil pack and boot if a v8). It is possible to have a defective plug out of the box, it happens.

i have the 4.0L v6

Back