Help does anyone has smelled the tailpipe smoke like dynamaid before ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help does anyone has smelled the tailpipe smoke like dynamaid before ?

bobrock168

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 explorer EB
Hi everyone My is 2003 EB 4.0 ,the problem I am having is that the tailpipe I smelled the smoke ,its like dynamite or rotten egg smell I thought, its a headgasket, so I chack the coolen,everything is find , and it's drives find,and no any code comes out,everything is find exp smelled the tailpipe smoke like dynamaid ,does anyone has the same problem before??

By the way i used 87 gasline.

Thank U everybody:):salute::salute::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is Dynamaid?

Dynamite? I guess like sulfur smell? rotten egg smell? Possibly bad catalytic converter? How many miles on the vehicle?

Dynamite? I guess like sulfur smell? rotten egg smell? Possibly bad catalytic converter? How many miles on the vehicle?

Thank U but my bad "dynamite"=explosives, yes like rotten egg smell :thumbsup:, i try everything but still have the smell,car runs find,but i know it will be something hoppen , so i try to cur the problom, my EB got 145000KM thank U :D

rotten eggs it is definately the cat converter , hmm usually if they get that smeel they are close to plugged,, might have to go for a highway drive,, a semi long one, like 30-40 miles,, that should get it cleaned out,, if it stays, that isn't so bad as long as you are getting decent gas mileage,,
if you ren't ,and driving it doesn't help, they might have to be replaced,, but the are not cheap,

Thank U but my bad "dynamite"=explosives, yes like rotten egg smell :thumbsup:, i try everything but still have the smell,car runs find,but i know it will be something hoppen , so i try to cur the problom, my EB got 145000KM thank U :D

I'm not sure what the PPM limits are on the gasoline/sulfur in your area but how long has this been occurring? If it's just been one tank of gas, I would wait it out and fill up at another station.

If the smell seems to stick around, it *might* be time for new cats. If it's the rears, just remove them and pop in pipe. If it's the fronts, you will need to replace them (or use an O2 sim/have someone program out the flag in the ECM). At 145000km, it very well may be time for a new set of cats.

Has there been a misfire or anything recently? Usually cats don't just fail like that, they do it for a reason. My explorer with over 215k miles has the original cats and they are in very good condition.

Either way that is tell tale of the cats being bad.

rotten eggs it is definately the cat converter , hmm usually if they get that smeel they are close to plugged,, might have to go for a highway drive,, a semi long one, like 30-40 miles,, that should get it cleaned out,, if it stays, that isn't so bad as long as you are getting decent gas mileage,,
if you ren't ,and driving it doesn't help, they might have to be replaced,, but the are not cheap,

Thank U i'll try to get the result and let U guys know,i taking care of it better then my girl but it treat me like a ****,:mad:

i already replace the transmission box 2mounths ago now is this:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

But thank U all of U to respond my Q Thank U:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Crap- I thought I was going to find some cool new product named Dynamaid! :D

Get 'r fixed up! :)

Back