• Register Today It's free!

Help GUys!!

BIG HVM

Reaction score
City, State
Surrey, England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
Dudes, my radio lights have gone off and aerial wont go up- I had it cranked up and suddenly the aerial went down and the lights on the radio all went out- Me thinks Fuse?

Where?

Any help well recieved thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the fuse for the radio is no 29 on the drivers side of the dash by the door it should be light blue 15 amp

Aerial? Is that what you call an antenna in England? I learned something today! :)

Thanks guys, will give it a go!
First UK Class.
Antenna=Aerial, Aerial is also a brand of washing powder in the UK. The word aerial is used to describe a view from above as in "Aerial Photography".
Fender=Bumper,Fender is also a make of guitar as used by Hank Marvin of the Shadows fame a popular band from the 60s.

Sorted it! The head unit 7000 ford audio has died a miserable death in the end it kept turning off and on itself every few seconds, with the aerial not moving and the radio lights off i thought I would put my old Blaupunkt in, I got the iso adapters and the trim plate and It made me realise just how crap the Ford unit was, I now have The Orlando cd72 and the blaupunkt ao9 10 disk changer in and the sound is kicking! I have also a blaupunkt sub and remote to wire in. Anyone know were I can get a blanking panel for the rear audio controls unit or an adapter to make it work with the Blaupunkt? :thumbsup:

Yep the Ford radios are rubbish. I could not get the rear controls to work either even with the so called adaptor. There is no official blanking plate that I know of. So its DIY or just leave them. :D

Adapter?

H if you still have the adapter can I buy it from you I want to examine this and see if I can make it work, you know how much I love tinkering with stuff and gadjets!

Sorry m8 but its part of the ISO adaptor so I can't split it out. I suggest you look for a blaupunkt adaptor for any good installation company.

All change!- mind the Gap!

I have decided to take the panel out, not sure what to do with the Gap but I cannot have stuff in the car that dont work.
The blaupunkt is in and sounds brilliant, it seems well suited to the stock speakers and they sound better than ever I think the blau' :D sub helps a fair bit, so the crap sound was the ford unit!
Next plan is a sat nav/dvd install, maybe I will take some pics and post it all here- watch this space dudes!

Back