• Register Today It's free!

Help needed installing cd changer

hhazz

Reaction score
City, State
stockbridge, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 explorer xlt
I need help installing cd changer in a 1996 explorer with the jbl system. I cannot locate where the antenna is pluged into so that I can put in the controls. I got sick of fixing the stock cd changer, so I got a kenwood changer with a r/f control. Someone help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The antenna is plugged into the back of the head unit behind the dash. Good luck!

I pulled out the radio and there was no antenna pluged into the back of the radio and there is no plug on the back of the radio for an antenna. Is there another place where it would be pluged into?

Hmmm...

You got me. It's been a while since I looked at the back of my stock radio, but when I installed my aftermarket unit, I could swear I disconnected the antenna from my stock radio. My truck doesn't have a CD changer though. That may change things. Maybe someone else who has done what you are doing will be able to tell you for sure. Sorry I couldn't help. :(

On my 99 stock radio.cd.cassette, the antenna plugs in the rear. Its on the bottom right ( when facing the unit ).

Your Antenna connection is in the rear

On a 1996 Explorer with the JBL system, the head unit does NOT have an antenna connection. The antenna connection is at the RCU (Rear Control Unit), which is bolted to the SW housing in the (right rear quarter) rear next to the SW amp.

You will have to remove the quarter trim panel to reach it.

regards,

cobrajeff

Thanks, I was afraid that someone was going to say that

Back