Help please with LEDs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help please with LEDs

jkilmurray

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
So this is my second go round with this and am having trouble again. I put LEDs in parking lights and read turn signals. Left it that way for a while and just dealt with the hyperflashing. Last week tried to add the resistors to go back to a normal flash, put resistor in front and rear drivers side, it slowed down the flash but the front wasn't flashing, only the rear. Messed around with it a little bit, and it fried the bulb. I got another bulb this week, just tried it again on the front, checking connections and wires the whole way through. I put a normal bulb in the rear to eliminate that potential problem. Same thing has happened. What am I doing wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Turn wire to ground

Did you hook the resistors from the blue wire (2011 xlt) on the front bumper to ground?

To the blue and the black. Checked both with test light and both are correct.

Since you installed resistors on both the front and rear of one side of the Ex, try installing the resistors solely on the front driver's and passenger's side.

Back