Help rear window stuck down!!

jskingry

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
Hello,
My rear passenger window is stuck in the down position. I took the door panel off and tried to lift the window up just to close it until I can find the problem but it will not budge. When I try the power window control all I hear is a quick hum from the motor area. Any ideas, I need to get this window up and really do not have the ability right now to drill out the rivits to seperate the window from the regulator. Oh yeah, it is a 1995 explorer XLT four door.

Thanks,
Jeremy

our 93 does that. i use one hand to push the up on for the switch and the other hand to lift the glass. if that doesnt work i'm stumped.

try what he said the hum sounds like the motor is jammed..dont let it hum like to to much though if it is jammeb because it will burn up the motor

if u cant get the window up a quick fix ( not really quick) would be to disasemble the window pop the motor out put the track in the up position then put the motor back in..had to do it to a 95 civic while we waited for the motor

One of the windows on my '92 doesn't work, because the cable that pulls the window up broke. I got it up by hand, then used a pair of vise grips to hold it up. Anyway, if you've got the door panel off, check the cable (assuming '95's use a cable).

Back