• Register Today It's free!

HELP!! Trailmaster / PA 3" BL?

YW84U

Reaction score
City, State
BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
My order for a PA 3" BL for my 91 came into my parts store today!! I was all ready to start removing flesh from my knuckles until they brought out the box... They gave me a Trailmaster 3" BL, and felt it was the same. I asked about the notably absent steering extension, and they claimed that a 91 would not require it....
Having read everyone's posts over and over, and also realizing there were only one set of bumper brackets, I've put the brakes on whether to do this or not. I have the box sitting on the table, and am debating whether to insist on the PA, or go ahead and try the Trailmaster....

Is there a huge difference? I don't want to have to purchase a seperate steering extension if I do in fact need one, and I could have sworn you would at least get some sort of brackets (or at least a chunk of metal) for the rear bumper. As well, the TM lift requires you to cut chunks out of the front frame rails!

I'm waiting for the parts guy to come back from lunch and see what's up at their end, but would the PA be the way to go?

Thoughts / ideas anyone?

Well, I brought it back and convinced them to bring in a PA instead. It's about another $50 on top of the Trailmaster, but murphy's law would dictate that if I had started the install, I would have needed the extension and other parts.

I hope this install goes smoothly:bounce:

Cut frame rails? Say What?:eek:

The frame rails - the cheapo instruction sheet depicted a cutaway section of the front rails to accomodate the relocation of the front bumper....dotted lines and everything!

The TM kit lacked rear bumper brackets of any kind, no steering extension, and nothing for the radiator shroud. I did take it back, and insisted on the PA version. I just wanted something to mostly 'bolt on' as opposed to spending needless hours of extra fabrication and frustration. From the board members, it appeared the of the BLs the PA was the likely choice.

However, on the plus side, the TM kit had a really cool orange sticker about how the vehicle's handling is modified, rollovers, yada yada yada.

Regards,

Back