• Register Today It's free!

Help with Navigation

jak378

Reaction score
City, State
Leesburg, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
I have a 2013 Explorer, Limited with all wheel drive. Formerly I had a 2011 Taurus with Navigation. thought the 2 systems would be similar. Boy waw I wrong.

I have so far been unable to enter a destination throught he POI screen When I try to do that, I either do not get all the POI's or when I start to enter it, I get a message, "No Disk." I don't think there is a disk, other than the SD card, which is in place, in the system.

I gave up trying to enter a hotel as a POI and tried entering it by street address. It was in a diffeent sate, so I changed that, then entered the
ZIP Code, so far so good. Fiallly I entered the street, and when I stared to enter the address number, the system shut down for several seconds and then started again.

At one point a couple of days ago when travelling, I was having trouble getting something entered, when it again shut down. I said to hell with it and left anyway. After a short time there was a message that it was re-initializing itself After that it worked until I tried to enter the address referred to above.

Do I have a bad unit that should go back or am I doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

I have a 2013 Explorer, Limited with all wheel drive. Formerly I had a 2011 Taurus with Navigation. thought the 2 systems would be similar. Boy waw I wrong.

I have so far been unable to enter a destination throught he POI screen When I try to do that, I either do not get all the POI's or when I start to enter it, I get a message, "No Disk." I don't think there is a disk, other than the SD card, which is in place, in the system.

I gave up trying to enter a hotel as a POI and tried entering it by street address. It was in a diffeent sate, so I changed that, then entered the
ZIP Code, so far so good. Fiallly I entered the street, and when I stared to enter the address number, the system shut down for several seconds and then started again.

At one point a couple of days ago when travelling, I was having trouble getting something entered, when it again shut down. I said to hell with it and left anyway. After a short time there was a message that it was re-initializing itself After that it worked until I tried to enter the address referred to above.

Do I have a bad unit that should go back or am I doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Jak378,

The only thing I can suggest is to do a Master Reset. If your issue isn't solved, try your dealer service department.

Don't fool around with MFT w/Navigation.

Bobby

I doubt a Master Reset would cure this ailment. Isn't having the system reinitialize itself almost the same thing?
It could be a bad APIM which the dealer should be able to diagnose.
You are correct jak378, there is no disk, just the SD card.

Peter

I doubt a Master Reset would cure this ailment. Isn't having the system reinitialize itself almost the same thing?
It could be a bad APIM which the dealer should be able to diagnose.
You are correct jak378, there is no disk, just the SD card.

Peter

Peter,

I do agree with your comment, but is just the first resource before going to the service department.

From the start I though of a bad APIM, reason for me mentioning a service visit.

All the best,
B

Back