Hidden Compartment | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hidden Compartment

OK I just saw this item in recent catalog, and thought about this thread. it is a safe made for quick access to a gun. However this would work well to mount in a vehicle as well to offer quick secure access to whatever you want.

see it here
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=313144

I have one of thier full size units with the same keypad, and it works very well. runs on a single 9v battery, and if the battery dies it has contacts on the front that you touch the new battery on which provides power to open the case and replace the old battery. Although I have had mine for 4 years and have yet to replace the battery :dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also knew a guy that carried a cell phone all the way through basic. He put it in a soap box and sealed it every time he took it out. When you shook the box, it sounded like a bar of soap. Ingenious. The real reason he never got caught was that he never let anyone see him on his phone; little 18 year old turds in basic are itching to try to get in good with a DS by turning someone in. This guy was 33 with a degree, a wife, and two little girls.

Haha, the cell phones available when I was in basic would barely fit in a shoe box.

<---------feeling old....

OK I just saw this item in recent catalog, and thought about this thread. it is a safe made for quick access to a gun. However this would work well to mount in a vehicle as well to offer quick secure access to whatever you want.

see it here
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=313144

I have one of thier full size units with the same keypad, and it works very well. runs on a single 9v battery, and if the battery dies it has contacts on the front that you touch the new battery on which provides power to open the case and replace the old battery. Although I have had mine for 4 years and have yet to replace the battery :dunno:

Hate to revive an old thread, but it's not that old... LOL!

Do you happen to know the interior dimensions on that safe? I bought a nice one from V-line for mounting in a vehicle, but it is just barely too small for a 5" 1911. :(

I am considering this: http://www.center-of-mass.com/CV_Details/CV1005.htm

Anyone know if the 04 - 07 F150 center console is the same as the 06 Explorers? Tough to tell from the pic, but I can't be the first to consider this.

Thanks,
Kevin

You can check it out on the manufacturer website
HERE
http://www.homaksecurity.com/PistolBoxes.html

Thanks. I emailed them and the other company last week w/ no response.

I think for now I'm going to install a Gunvault below the middle seat. I can fold the seats down, just not all the way down flat. If I really need to make the cargo area perfectly flat (don't see it happening very often) I can take the few minutes to remove the Gunvault. Here is a pic of how it looks. I like it so far! :)

229874.jpg

229875.jpg

Try the little compartment wer u put ur garage door opener thats ussually wer i put my medication

the A pillar plastic pops off real easy. put some Velcro on the key and the inside of the A pillar and there you go.

This reminds me of the drug dealer Navajo i found at the junk yard..

Ok guys....I think this guy found a hiding spot within the last 4 1/2 years... just sayin'

Kleenex Juniors and hiding place for stuff.

In case anyone is looking for them they are no longer made.
Hiding places in your ex.
Compartment where your jack is. Put a little bit of string on it and toss it to the front.
On top of your spare tire, let it down enough and place your "package" on top and screw it back up.
License Plate holder with the plascic cover. Slip you key in back of the plate.

I'm suprised nobody else has posted this spot, its where I keep little things like a spare house key and trailer lock key. Under the floor mat or the top part of the sun visor that touches the ceiling is a great spot also

Back