Hidden Compartment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hidden Compartment

boaia5650

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
I just got a 98 explorer, and i want to find a good hidden compartment / hidding spot, ive been looking and cant find anything good, and most of you have explorers, i figured id ask

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I must warn you that federal drug trafficing enforcement is pretty tough nowadays... :p

What are you trying to hide? How easily do you need to access when you are in the driver's seat? How often?

nothing illegial, but i would need to get to it every once in a wile (5 times a day) and it would be better if i didnt have to leave the drivers seat

in my 98 ex at least, it is fairly easy to pull up the message center/pockets that is right below the a/c controls, enough room for many things

Sorry, can't think of anything that isn't staring you in the face. I was thinking about the little pocket on the right hand side by the liftgate. It actually pulls out (that's where the subwoofer option/upgrade goes). It would make a nice hiding spot.

If you have this console, you can lift up at the front, and remove the highlighted piece, and there is room below. What are you looking to..um..transport?

Attachments

• IMG_2856.JPG
    IMG_2856.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 11,953

i dont have the msg center, think there only in the eddie bauers

If you have this console, you can lift up at the front, and remove the highlighted piece, and there is room below. What are you looking to..um..transport?

its a little different the cupholders are build into this black tray in the middle

What do you need to hide, to give an idea of what hiding spots can accommodate.

under the dashboard by the pedals, the tissue box holder, or behind the glove box puch the tabs in

how about your pocket :dunno:

How often do you lose your keys that you need the spare 5 times a day?!

I'm guessing he either owns or works for a company that needs to run deposits to the bank a few times a day :scratch:

This could be a thread all by itself, "Guess the Contraban" :D

how about your pocket :dunno:

I have a distant relative that locks the key in the truck and uses the key pad to unlock it. Keeps the key from getting lost and pockets free from clutter.

I have a distant relative that locks the key in the truck and uses the key pad to unlock it. Keeps the key from getting lost and pockets free from clutter.

I've done that with the kids :p:

Note to child protective services: I AM JUST KIDDING

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what if the car battery died?

Back