Hidden Grille Fog Light Bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hidden Grille Fog Light Bracket

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wanted to put the fog lights behind my grill i seen a post on here somewhere about it but cant find it now lol was just wondering how to make the brackets for them ? thanks

go to home depot, get these 2 L brackets. The way I mounted mine was simple, however a picture would be better served to give you an exact explanation. I basically screwed the horizontal portion of the bracket into the piece behind the grille and the vertical piece i wedged between two pieces of plastic i guess it is not really sure. Ill get a pic for you.

lol nice thanks i actauly went to lowes today and bought 4 of em lol just for the heck of it :) thanks again

did u ever get that pic ? :) lol

thats np :) ty cant wait to see it ty

nice cant wait to see em :)

i think i had an idea of how to do them. the pics will just help a ton just in case im wrong

hey ajthefishermen
i went to home depot and got a metal strap the part # is HRS6 and a L bracket part # A44. i drilled 4 hole shown in the pic below
IMG_0253.jpg

then i glued the L bracket with super glues Instant Setting Epoxy Adhesive.
here are some pics of the brackets
IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

pardon all the holes lol. those were from previous brackets and mounting spots.

with the L bracket I avoided having to epoxy anything, i set the back of the bracket between these two pieces of plastic and it fit nice and snug and wont bounce around when driving

nice i thank u guys for this. just one question i might have already gotten the answer for before but forgot but. What size are these ? i bought a few 2" ones not sure if thats what these are :) ty

ty

Back