• Register Today It's free!

Hood release cable.

SPARTANII117

Reaction score
City, State
Joplin, mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford aerostar
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get a pic of how the hood release cable attaches to the hood latch under the hood. Basically I took the front end apart a month ago and cant remember how it goes. Pictures would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hood release latch.

Take a look at the lower right hand side. The end of the cable hooks into this part. The 2 rings are for the bolts to connect to the body. I found this picture on EBay.

Attachments

• Hood release..jpg
    Hood release..jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 567

ya I know what the cable hooks into I just cant figure out how. It makes me mad cause it looks so simple but I cant seem to get it right cause every way I hook the cable up to the latch wont work because I go to pull the release handle and the hood wont pop up...so I was wanting, if I could to see if someone could take a picture of the latch installed on the vehicle with the cable hooked up properly so I can see if im just making a dumb mistake.

The cable worked fine when I took it off the hood latch only problem is I took the whole front end apart a long time ago and a cant remember how the cable is hooked into the latch. If someone would take a picture of the cable attached to the latch properly that is what I would need to finish putting the van back together.

Thanks

Back