• Register Today It's free!

Horn & CC not working

chad9779

Reaction score
City, State
dallas, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 eb
I've searched the forums to no avail. My horn and cc stopped working(air bag is ok). I replaced clockspring, fuse, and relay. I verified my horn does work and the remote will activaye horn for confirmation. I have checked continuity after replacing clockspring, its good. Does anyone have any other ideas? How about a schematic? HELP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

steering wheel to steering column contacts

there has to be a contact point between the steering wheel and the column in front of it. Its bee years since I have pulled the wheel off of a Ford but I'm sure there is a disk like a CD with rings that have electrical contact points on it, then there are brushes that ride along the rings on the disk so there can always be contact no matter which way the steering wheel is turned.

perhaps someone else can confirm this, or you can find a thread dealing with replacing the steering wheel, and look for pics of the contact points between the two.

If it were a problem at my house I would start by removing the steering wheel and checking the condition of these parts. and then decide if they need to be replaced or repaired

best of luck.

forgive me, it seems I used my inexperience with the term clockspring to describe a part that has been replaced, maybe just pull it apart again and check the connections

The last time I lost cc, I found out that the fuse that controlled it also did the horn. Turned out that one of my horns was bad and everytime I blew the horn it would blow the fuse. I disconnected the horn and cc works fine. I just have a monotone horn instead of a hi/lo horn. I really need to find one and make it sound right.

i fixed it. I got the factory wiring manual and discovered a bad ground through the speed control servo....it was unplugged

Back