• Register Today It's free!

Houston, TX

Wes_Man

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
OK, I've had my X for about a year now and I've got the "Mod-bug" itchin on me... so where are all the H-Town Explorers meeting at? I know there about a million car/truck shows every wekend so where are you guys? :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome!

I've seen some Houston members out cruising on Saturday nights, but usually we organize meetings at the James Coney on Westheimer at Bering. I've organized 2 so far, and everyone seems to like the location. I'm in Austin now, but might organize a get-together sometime before summer.

how come i've never been informed of these get togethers???

I've been ny that James Coney a few time but I'll I saw was the sport bikes... never seen a show there. Arrange something and I'll be there... I'm diein' to see your ride anyways.

ok89, they were before your time ;)

Previously, they were on a Sunday and Thursday I believe, early evening.

well I'm up to a meeting sometime. Preferably on a saturday. There are several people in the Houston Metro area that i would like to meet.

Where is everybody at? I live one exit down from NASA Road 1.

I'm on the opther side of town... Jersey Village

Im in the Stafford area.

My X is in the shop getting the work done I didn't think I could do in my garage. A/C Conversion and Front End of the 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension lift. Gonna have them replace the upper gaskets while he has the A/C off, and when I steam cleaned the motor, I found a couple of freeze plugs that need replacing. I probably won't have it together for another 2 months.

mahieber,
Im in Friendswood, just off Clear Lake City BLVD Exit. Im lookin into modin my X soon. Any recommendations on local companies to deal with? Thanks. Input from you other Houston guys would be really appreciated too.
BTW, Im new to the board, been an X-er for 3 years, except for the 6 months when I had a 2001 Chevy Truck. Looking forward to doin some street mods, not offroad. Thanks a lot.

I am having my work done at Dominic's Paint & Body Shop in Dickinson, but don't go there if you need your truck in less than a month. I use him because he let's me bring my own parts, do the work that I can do by myself (i.e. take stuff apart), and then he works on it around his other stuff which keeps him from having me make his house payment.

There is a place called "The Shop" just before the railroad tracks off of 518 in League City that specializes in 4x4 and hunting vehicles. They do good work, but they have to sub-out any alignment work, and I don't think they let you bring your own parts. I have used them before when my truck was newer and I was afraid of breaking something.

Don't ever use the transmission shop on NASA Road 1 in Webster, and don't use the Snyder's on 518 unless you can get a second mortgage. Don't ever get body work or mechanical work done at the Ford dealer on Bay Area Blvd. in Clear Lake. Take it down to McRee in Dickinson if you HAVE to use a Ford Dealer.

Don't speed in the school zone in Webster. Don't drink too much beer at The Outhouse, but it is safe (and recommended) to eat the burgers and fries. The Tamale Truck driver on 2351 has been spotted in Sam's Club with a cart full of packaged tamales... don't know if it was a one time deal, or if that is where he gets them and then repackages them as homemade.

Don't ask why Clear Lake is named Clear Lake, look across the bridge at Mud Lake, and you will see that it is a silly question. Do support all politicians that support the Space Program. Do enjoy Space Center Houston. Don't take the guided tour in August.

There is a small mudding area off of 270 between NASA Road 1 and 518 next to Clear Creek (See Mud Lake comment).

haha,
thanks for the info. Dont worry about me drinkin the beers, but i will watch out for the speed zone. I have been thru ole Space Center... cool place. Mom actually works over in Building 30 onsite. Are you civil servant or contract? Thats a pretty cool place out there... Go NASA.
Thanks again for the info on the shops. Im glad someone else checked em out before me. Tid bit of my info... International Paint and Body does decent work but is one heck of a money sucker... I use a guy in Pasadena whenever I need paint work done. Names Rueben and hes across the street from Durrett Motor Company. Also, William at 713.947.3689 does good work as well. Hes a single man operation working in a garage in his back yard, but hes quality, and hes reasonably priced. Check him out sometime. Hes Pasadena as well...

Back