• Register Today It's free!

how do these work?

Pickupman_69

Reaction score
City, State
Aylmer
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport trac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are familiar with the website Mysporttrac.com (which is another sport trac forum) on the left side of the page there is a "projects" tab and under there search for "Billet Wheel Spacer" and you'll see a picture by picture tutorial of the job with the materials needed.

Most don't recommend any over 1.5" on the front (actually I personally don't recommend ANY on the front) due to added stress on the front wheel bearings. This can apply to large offset wheels also. Rears are pretty much immune to spacer problems, AFAIK.
MyST Spacer Project

thanks guys I wasnt sure if they just went over existing studs or not.

I def dont want to wear out the front end any faster considering I put alot of miles on this truck as it is

I have 1.5" rears to go on mine but I have to change a bent axle first. The rear wheels sit in a bit too much for my tastes.

I think you've already got your answer but to add my 2 cents....I put a set on a Jeep Wrangler and simple lug wrench or so will do the job. Easy quick fix to offset issues. I will agree with other posting though - I wouldn't want to add any more stress to the front b/c of the wheel bearings. Just had to replace mine and ouch $$$.

Back