How do you clean the white area left behing on the plastic from the wax? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you clean the white area left behing on the plastic from the wax?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After I wax my X and the wax starts to show on the plastic I have found to take an eraser and use that to take it off. That works the best for removing the wax. I have tried a lot of stuff toremove this and nothing works better then that..Hope this helps.

Brian

if its on the textured plastic and you cnt get it off with an eraser or a bristol brush or a tooth brush just use hot soapy water and a brush.

Peanut butter! Really, it works. The oils in it will take off the white residue. Then, just start using Zaino polish and you will never have to worry about getting residue on your black trim. :D

peace

Mike

Even when using Zaino, you must be careful arounf yout trim, it will also leave a residue that you have to clean up.

you should definitely be using polish rather than wax. polish is designed for clear coat finishes like ours. a hard wax is made for restoring scuffs and scratches. mothers or meguires are the best. nu plish is cheap just do it more often and you want to do it right drop $40 on an orbital buffer.
g

My explorer hasn't been waxed in over a year bu I was my F-150 pretty frequently, and I've just added a step after waxing that not only gets the white crap off the trim, but makes the trim shine black as well, its by mothers, called "back to black", I used to use wd-40 but that just got off the white stuff, didn't really clean the trim too much, this stuff makes the trim look great as well as getting off the white stuff.

Alcohol/or Mineral spirits

I use mineral spirits or denatured alcohol to remove the wax from anything. Works well on the black trim and wont leave a residue. Also good for removing bugs and tar . Laquer thinnner will attack the black coatings FYI.

I use the mineral spirits and denatured alcohol as well. I have also found that wax and grease remover works also.

you should use some sort of protective product to keep your plastic from getting too hard or sun baked. black is the worst it will eventually fade and brittle. i pu tthe spray wa on but any amour all type products works well too.

I use Inmont (Or is it immont) Pre-Kleeno.

Can get if from auto paint supply houses.

Back