• Register Today It's free!

How do you update MFT/Sync?

tomg4121

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Can anyone provide basic instruction? I have minor bugs in my voice recognition and "building media commands" message that will not go away so I thought it would be appropriate to update to the latest version. My X is an early build (6400). Also, can't locate the fuse box that the manualo says is below the steering wheel..........what am I missing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to syncmyride.com. Some of the updates are dealer install only as of this moment such as the V2.7 and 2.8. If yours is an early build, probably needs APIM replacement.

Can anyone provide basic instruction? I have minor bugs in my voice recognition and "building media commands" message that will not go away so I thought it would be appropriate to update to the latest version. My X is an early build (6400). Also, can't locate the fuse box that the manualo says is below the steering wheel..........what am I missing?

Just a suggestion to make it faster.

When I went to the dealership with similiar problems the SYNC guy opened the hood, disconnected the baterry "+" lead.

Waited a couple minutes and re-attached the "+" lead then SYNC was re-booted.

Try that as it might be easier

Until you go online to syncmyride.com, you can't proceed. Follow the instructions; download updates, upload them to your USB in the console, then go back to your computer and confirm successful update. This step can't be omitted.
Each time you do an update, delete your SYNC pairing info on your phone, then re-pair. You'll notice changes and improvements each time. This car is awesome!

The APIM is the sync computer. They had to replace mine because it started acting up and some features were not working. I was told by my dealership that the early builds have different APIMs than the current ones.

edit

when I go to sync my ride...it tells me update available, so I click on that...and it takes me to page but there's no file to download..."Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7" update available right below that.

only two options on the page it shows are
Are You Getting the Most Out of SYNC?

and

SYNC Status Checker Tool

when I go to sync my ride...it tells me update available, so I click on that...and it takes me to page but there's no file to download..."Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7" update available right below that.

only two options on the page it shows are
Are You Getting the Most Out of SYNC?

and

SYNC Status Checker Tool

Mine is showing the same thing.

Will try to have the dealer do the update when my Limited finally shows up.

May even be past 2.8, when it finally does arrive.

Back