How long after vehicle delivered do I have to pick up? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long after vehicle delivered do I have to pick up?

Odrapnew

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
My Ex should be in any day now, however, I have an extended vacation coming up and I'm curious how long after the vehicle is ready for pickup do I have to go in and sign paperwork(assuming everything checks out)? Do I have a week, 2 weeks...less/more? Just curious how long the dealer needs to hold on to it for me since I ordered it and put the money down on it.

Thanks,
Nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a question you should ask your dealer. They are not obligated to hold it for even one day if they want to sell it to someone else. Until you sign the paperwork they are free to do whatever they want to it.

Hmmmm.....I dunno. You made a desposit so a valid contact has been created so I'd be surprised if they could sell it out from under you. That said, I'm sure you need to pick it up within a reasonable amount of time. As suggested, I'd check with your dealer.

Call me stupid, but if I ordered an EX and waited weeks/months for it then I'd be standing on the curb as they off load it!

bring a bottle of champagne too

call me stupid, but if i ordered an ex and waited weeks/months for it then i'd be standing on the curb as they off load it!

Bring a bottle of champagne too

+1

Call me stupid, but if I ordered an EX and waited weeks/months for it then I'd be standing on the curb as they off load it!

bring a bottle of champagne too

I plan on that(except the champagne part), but my ETA date has changed a couple times(latest has passed) so who knows when it'll be in. My vacation isnt set in stone yet, but I'm close to 'use it or lose it' and I'd rather not lose it for a car.

I'd just call my dealer and explain the situation. They will of course prefer that you pick it up quickly, as they already paid Ford for it, but any decent dealer will understand your situation and work with you.

Ugh, my Ex was supposed to be delivered 3/3, Crystal (who has been awesome) confirmed but here I am still waiting. According to my dealer it is sitting in NJ waiting to be shipped (to NY) now for 4 days... anybody have any idea what the hold up is? Crystal is only able to confirm that it was scheduled for delivery 3/3.

Ugh, my Ex was supposed to be delivered 3/3, Crystal (who has been awesome) confirmed but here I am still waiting. According to my dealer it is sitting in NJ waiting to be shipped (to NY) now for 4 days... anybody have any idea what the hold up is? Crystal is only able to confirm that it was scheduled for delivery 3/3.

The holdup is the horrible winter the mid-west has had. It has delayed the trucks and rail cars from delivering on time. All vehicle manufacturers lots are jam packed and have run out of room to store them since they cannot stop production for weather delays. I'm surprised no one has realized this yet. Just be patient and it will arrive soon enough.

I would get that if it hadn't left the factory yet but apparently it is just sitting in NJ waiting to be trucked to NY... unless it hasn't even made it to NJ yet?

JosERW who is your dealer? I see you are in ny.

Hassett Ford. My salesman said his records show the car was in NJ waiting to be loaded onto a truck for delivery.

Well, I dont need to worry about my vacation concerns, my Ex arrived at the dealer sometime last night. I'm picking it up Saturday. I was also told that the rebate may have gone up $250. That would be cool if it did, plus my $750 coupon that expires very soon.

Well, I dont need to worry about my vacation concerns, my Ex arrived at the dealer sometime last night. I'm picking it up Saturday. I was also told that the rebate may have gone up $250. That would be cool if it did, plus my $750 coupon that expires very soon.

Excellent news!

Crystal had mine down for delivery today. Called the dealer and they had no deliveries as of 6pm. The sales manager I'm friends with is on vacation so I didn't bother hassling the salesman with looking into it further. I don't have a salesman as the one he gave when I ordered it is no longer with the dealership. I'm just gonna wait till Monday when he's back from vacation......

The new Sport is in my garage. Picked it up yesterday. Got a pretty good loan rate and with the extra rebates, I save ~$300 overall vs. going with the 0% for 60 Months(my original plan). Overall I'm happy with the purchase and the dealership experience. If I remember, I will write up my experience in the "good dealerships" thread.

Back