• Register Today It's free!

how to test rabs?

Darrman

Reaction score
City, State
Waxahachie, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4/2001 Sport
I was on my way back home the other day, in the '91, doing about 60-65, when all of a sudden the semi in front of me locked 'em up, started sliding to the side, got a view in front of him, saw another semi in front doing the same. Now I am not the panic type that jams the brakes to the floor, I calmly applied the brake, had plenty of room, well I felt the rear lock up and start sliding, not good. I let off and tried agian this time no problem, slowed right down. Now all this happened in about 5-10 seconds, so I am not sure if I was sliding on the rubber left by the two rigs in front of me or what.
Now my Q is, is there a way to check to make sure the rabs system is working? All the brake parts front and back are new, and a remanufactured rabs module has been installed. No problems when code scanning, no leaks, no rabs light flashing on, so wtf? It should not start sliding when doing a soft E-stop.

I have a full set of Liberator A/Ts, 29 inch, all tires are new, less than 3K on them, all are properly inflated.

Back