• Register Today It's free!

How Wide can u go????

gotDIRT??

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT V8
I figured i would ask the question, since most everyone here has 265's or 285's on the 3rd gen.

Has any one attempted to go any wider with tires? 10 inches++

If so got any pics?? I have 265's and as soon as the rubber is gone on them i want to go wider, so looking for some motivational pictures...

Lets see what you guys have..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

isnt someone here trying to fit some 305's??

You're gonna need some lift though

Yes i have seen pictures but I was wondering if anyone has gone with aftermarket rims and really try to fit 10-12 inch wide tires???

I mean wide tires...

i have 33x12.5 on 20s sitting at my house. im gonna be mounting them up but i also have a body lift and 3/2.5 spacers

i have 33x12.5 on 20s sitting at my house. im gonna be mounting them up but i also have a body lift and 3/2.5 spacers

got any pictures??? how much did those run you???

i have a 3/2.5 with 265's and wheel spacers... but i think i want wider tires not too much taller...

Anyone got pictures of wide tires mounted on a third gen???

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

305/70/16 little bit of scrub on front bumper at fullturn easy fix not much triming at all

what lift do you have layinhp?

awesome!!!! how does it roll with such a tire???

Even with 265's and a V8 mine feels the pressure....

Keep it up people lets see some pictures!!!!!!!

What else do you guys have???

Show off your rims and tires people!!!!! lol !!!!!!!

what lift do you have layinhp?

RB's 3/2.5 and 3" bodylift

if i had to id go with the 2.75/2.5 spacers and trim the extra with the 3" on the front its real close to the upper control arm and spring and im still not totally likeing the balljoint angle.

i know it slowed the truck down ALOT with these tires and milage went out the window went from about 600klm's to a tank to 450klm's. even with the lift and tires i doubt it would take much serious offroading theres not much down flex for one so easy spin out and if you seen the undercarriage its def a grocery getter both front and rear cv-shafts will wear fast (fronts being the worst) and balljoints aswell as upper control arm bushings. mine could use a steering dampner at 100klm/hr it wonders a bit and really feels the road through the steering wheel.

not trying to discourage anyone but the lift is mostly for looks unless you went just body and larger tires the suspension is just to stretched

on another note even with just lifting the truck a week or so ago i'll be putting it up forsale nothing to do with the lift or performance just realised i need a diesel truck or Excursion for some pulling power

haha what the hell are you towing? a skid loader or full size camper? idk my mountaineer has even hooked up and towed a track skid loader. it struggled some of the time but really wasnt bad

haha what the hell are you towing? a skid loader or full size camper? idk my mountaineer has even hooked up and towed a track skid loader. it struggled some of the time but really wasnt bad

haha any and everything id like to pull a car trailer but it would max out the explorer rather have some saftey factor and not push it to the limits plus its only a class II reciever on it now

big tires and towing with the explorer would = tranny gone at first pull :D

i figured i would ask the question, since most everyone here has 265's or 285's on the 3rd gen.

Has any one attempted to go any wider with tires? 10 inches++

if so got any pics?? I have 265's and as soon as the rubber is gone on them i want to go wider, so looking for some motivational pictures...

Lets see what you guys have..

305 70 16
12 inches

305's right here

you will need 4 inch lift to make it look good

by the time im done ill have 5-6 up front with 18 - 20 inches of travel

rear straight axel with devers - 35's gona run her in the class 15-

wait to see the 5.o im gona drop in her

i payed 2500 for the kmc km701 20s with the 33 mud grapplers

haha if i had it i would but i just spent it. my truck sucks my wallet dry

haha if i had it i would but i just spent it. my truck sucks my wallet dry

I just want u to get home and install the Kenne Bell...that's gonna sound SICK @ boost.

LOVE how SC's sound on Mod Motors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back