CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
Whats up boys

Im getting some extra cash now from picking up some extra shifts at the firehouse recently and so i figured i can treat the X to something fresh... i havent done any mods since March...

any ideas on a MOD(S) that could give me some more HP for 200-250 $

2003 XLS 4.0

K&N INTAKE / CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST

any suggestions ????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Underdrive pullies or electric fan;) Save your pennies a little longer and finish it with a SCT3 tuner from Henson.

pulled the words right outta my mouth. i second the E fan

hahaha... instead of having to go through the whole process of removing the factory fan and replacing with a MK 8 electric fan... can i just mount an extra fan on the front of my radiator to help cool down the engine ????

ive done it before but it was on my old RICER lol, idk how well it would work on our X's...

hahaha... instead of having to go through the whole process of removing the factory fan and replacing with a MK 8 electric fan... can i just mount an extra fan on the front of my radiator to help cool down the engine ????

ive done it before but it was on my old RICER lol, idk how well it would work on our X's...

The engine driven fan eats HP. Get rid of it and you will gain HP. That is the reason for the elctric fan mod.

i know, but i was just wondering if it would help at all... i dont want to mess with the factory fan till my warranty is over... once thats done then ill do w/e to it...

i was just curious

i don't know if that would void the warranty. try to call the dealership and ask them about it. i threw my warranty out the window when they started comming up with excuses of why the tranny was messed up because of my driving. honestly i hink ford warranties are BS. id rather learn how to fix it myself

I doubt that your warranty would become void because of the Efan. If it overheated then yeah, but that's why you put your stocker back on;)

Limited02, do you have pics of your Efan, which do you recommend and how did you run it (wiring)?

i just picked up the flex-a-lite 220b fan but i wanna get a digital contoller

I also have a flex-a-lite fan but I am not sure which model it is because my dad just had it laying around. I went to Autozone and bought a thermostat controller that you put the metal thermometer end into your radiator hose and it will read the temp. You turn a knob to your desired temp. Mounted it in front of the airbox and ran the positive lead to the alternator.

I would like to upgrade to a better unit because the fan only comes on when it reaches whatever temp I have it set at. So on a hot summer day, you cannot run the AC until the fan kicks in or you are driving(need air blowing over the AC condenser for it to work properly) So what I have been doing is I pop the hood, turn the knob down to low so that the fan kicks in ASAP. Get home, turn it back up so that I doesn't continue to run all night. The AC thing really isn't that big of a deal for me. I will get some pics up but I cannot find my USB plugin for the memory stick.

I can say that last week we had 100+ degree temps with humidity nearing 90% and the Ex stayed cool with the AC blasting:D

what size fan is it? is it a single or double fan?

i wanted to fiberglass a shroud so its pulling through the whole radiator instead of just having it against the radiator. limited02 does your fan cover your whole radiator or just the middle? if yours is just in the middle and your not having any issues then i might just do that.

i was gonna run the digital thermostat controller but now that i think about it i never use AC. i'd rather have the windows open so i may just do the same thing you did. i was honestly thinking of getting rid of all the AC stuff when i swapped my motor in too. i like the look of a clean simple engine bay with no wires and minimal hoses

My electric fan has a shroud on it and it fits perfectly inside the factory shroud on the radiator.(very tight!) So it's like a shroud inside a shroud:) Doesn't serve any real purpose other than hiding the Efan and looking factory.

If I can't find my USB adapter, then I am just going to buy another so that I can post up some pics.

Mack- I think you should keep your AC but if you really never use it and do not plan on selling the Mounty, then toss it out. They say it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it:D

well honestly it worked till i hit about high 50k miles then it broke so i took it to the dealership. they fixed it then at about 85k i wanna say it started blowing hot again so i had them take care of it again and it never really blew cold anymore after that. on my next deployment i want to get a new crew cab 8 foot bed ford f350 so the mountaineer would be the old ladies winter 4wd. i don't plan on getting rid or the mounty for a long long time it just turns so many heads honestly. everyone that sees it is shocked that its lifted and modified.

Please tell me it's off the lift and your buddy put the new wheels and tires on? I am calling BS that you even have a Mounty lifted on 20's until I see some pics:D

haha no it still doesn't have the spacers on. i told everyone if they wanna see me while i'm home then come to the garage because i will be working on my truck till i get everything installed. i don't care if it 2 days straight haha. lots of picture will be up asap once i get everything installed.

Here are the pics of the Efan and controller (kind of hard to see but you get the idea). I didn't realize how dirty the fan was until I took some pics. The controller should go for about $25 bucks.
101_1689.jpg

101_1690.jpg

The efan is held on by the plastic zip ties for efans. Fan has one wire that is grounded, then the positve goes to the controller and from there another feeds power from the altenator. Easy mod to do and plenty worth it!

That makes me want to do mine even more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back