Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill

Well after some work, i think i am finally happy. Give me some input!!
expo3jg1.jpg

expo1ul5.jpg

dsc00805bb0.jpg

dsc00806nd0.jpg

dsc00807tf2.jpg

dsc00808rd6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ditch the chrome center caps, paint all your trim and the front bumper valance flat black

Fog lights?

Looks great!

I agree on painting all the trim/valence, I've just been too lazy to do the valence on mine... I kind of like the center caps, though...

Overall, I like it!

I'd see if you can find some black vinyl to cover the chrome bumpers with and paint the parts mentioned above.

maybe paint the center caps black too, and leave the inner most circle chrome. and eventually get a little bit larger tires to fill in the wheel wells. i really like the black out grill and headlights with the billet grill, looks great!

thats pretty badass but it would look even better with the grey parts of the bumpers black as well

the crome center caps make it look like a cop car i like them

def need some bigger tires!!
but looks good

Looks excellent, but 410 took the words right outta my mouth - the chrome center caps have to go (I still have mine on my black rims, but don't go by me ;) ) and you need to paint the trim and valence. It can be done very easily. I painted mine black instead of the hideous grey that was there. It would make a world of difference. Very sharp truck though. :thumbsup:

Looks good! I agree about painting the grey trim black to match but also maybe try smoking the taillights? And I actually like the centre caps as they are...:thumbsup:

I have been kicking around the idea of selling mine for a black one. You have already done some of the things I was thinking about. I would also lower it, 18"-20" black wheels with polished lip, paint the gray trim black, lose the roof rack, black taillights, f/r bumper covers, Saleen wing (yeah, right!) if I decide to get the black V8 I have my eye on.

thanks for the comments
when i get a chance i am going to paint the grey trim and i want to tint the rear lights.
maybe lower it.

i also think it looks like an interceptor car, i kinda like it!!

EDIT: i also wanted to paint the bumpers but dont want them to chip, so i might buy some and gets some FOGS!!

EDIT: i also wanted to paint the bumpers but dont want them to chip, so i might buy some and gets some FOGS!!

That is why you should cover it with black vinyl. If it gets nicked up too bad, you can peel it and replace it fairly cheap.

i like it, looks good! i think the center caps look cool, and so do the lights and grill and trim that you painted black. and if you like it then thats what really matters.

looks nicer then my truck :rolleyes: :roll:

That is why you should cover it with black vinyl. If it gets nicked up too bad, you can peel it and replace it fairly cheap.

never heard of it, do you have a link or know somewhere i could look for it
Thanks

I'm gonna maybe rock the cradle the wrong way, but I don't like it much, I love chrome......I do agree about painting the valances flat black though :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i posted on another forum and got different views, thats cool
i am not sure if i like it, ive been going back and forth

i think i may try removing the billet grill and see how it looks,
i dont want to look gangsta or like it just came off pimp my ride....i dunno but everyones opinion is helping me out---thanks

Back