HVAC temperature control issue

SCme

Reaction score
City, State
Ringgold, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT
'08 xlt manual front w/rear hvac.

Do not have the ability to adjust the temperature with the switch on the dash. Purchased new blend door actuator did not fix. Pulled stem from the old unit and can manually adjust the blend door via hand so know it isn't stuck. With either new or old unit plugged in, can move the temp dial and the stem will not adjust/move. Metered and have power to the plug for the actuator and when moving the temp dial, the power will adjust on the meter as I believe it should to send the signal for the motor in the actuator to turn clock/counterclock to move the stem and adjust the blend door. Even picked up a used set of hvac switch from a another Explorer and still same results. Looking at the schematic it seems pretty basic, power/ground at the plug and a wire from that HVAC area to signal the motor to operate. Do the wires from the HVAC move to another module that could be bad? Could it be a bad ground?

Not sure if related but I have had a SAT FAULT for about the same time and now the radio will not even go into the SYNC mode for phone/bluetooth useage.

Anyone have any ideals on where to examine or text next?

I would check your vacuum lines and make sure they aren’t broken.

I would check your vacuum lines and make sure they aren’t broken.
I will check that out as I noticed when I put it all back together it seems to cycle a bunch now and under light load the mode moves from vent to floor/defrost. Never done that before.

Also if you don’t mind, what makes you think it’s a vacuum leak that would not allow the temp to not adjust since it’s all electric?

I will check that out as I noticed when I put it all back together it seems to cycle a bunch now and under light load the mode moves from vent to floor/defrost. Never done that before.

Also if you don’t mind, what makes you think it’s a vacuum leak that would not allow the temp to not adjust since it’s all electric?
I’m sorry for the late response. I misread the information. I was having a problem with it not going to floor and defrost. Wasn’t getting vacuum all the way. I recently did my blend door actuator as it started skipping. I would see if a different new one works plugged in by not installed. Also, put your meter on ohms and then plug it to the ground wire and touch a bare piece of metal on the chassis or something connected to ground. If it reads anything higher than .5 ohms or oL then you may have a bad ground.

Back