I have no heat! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have no heat!

tryan1977

Reaction score
47,900 miles and my heater just stopped working. I have recycled the MFT messed with the temperature settings, you name it. Where does it end with this colossal pile of crap? This vehicle has been such a disappointment that I deeply regret purchasing it. I am in the process of working through the lemon law so hopefully I can get some sort of justice but how in the world could i lose my heat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

47,900 miles and my heater just stopped working. I have recycled the MFT messed with the temperature settings, you name it. Where does it end with this colossal pile of crap? This vehicle has been such a disappointment that I deeply regret purchasing it. I am in the process of working through the lemon law so hopefully I can get some sort of justice but how in the world could i lose my heat?
Is your fan running? Since you haven't indicated in your vehicle specs which model you have I don't know if you have the Sony touch panel or not. Does your engine temp gauge show its normal position?
I don't know if these vehicles still use thermostats or not. On those that do, it sometimes gets stuck closed and prevents the water from circulating.
Also, as you approach 50k miles, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the occasional issue to pop up.

Peter

48,000 miles.. lemon law?? You are out of your bumper to bumper warranty.. Good luck with that.

As far as no heat, take it to your dealer to diagnose.

Is your fan running? Since you haven't indicated in your vehicle specs which model you have I don't know if you have the Sony touch panel or not. Does your engine temp gauge show its normal position?
I don't know if these vehicles still use thermostats or not. On those that do, it sometimes gets stuck closed and prevents the water from circulating.
Also, as you approach 50k miles, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the occasional issue to pop up.

Peter

Yes, fan is running but no heat. I have the XLT 202a? Spec - non sony. Engine temp gauge is 'normal' yes. I have had more than the occassional issue, unfortunately. I surpassed the 30 day mark some time ago, hence the filing of the lemon law but i just dont have the time nor the patience to keep taking it in. This has been just a nightmare. Unfortunately FORD was unwilling to replace the unit so hopefully the law can help rectify.

Peter

Peter, if a thermostat gets stuck, the engine overheats very quickly!
Are you sure you didn't mean the heater line valve? If that does not open, no heat will come out of the heater.

tryan1977, It might be the MFT causing this, but it might be something else like an electrical problem or vacum leak. It would be best to let a mechanic shop or dealer service shop, that you trust, look at it if you can not remedy it yourself.

I very seldom ever need the heater down here in La.

Thanks for that cajun. I have no other choice than to take the POS in...once again...if I were a prospective buyer, I would make sure to do my research. Buyer beware!

As someone who has lemon lawed two cars in the past 11 years...you do not have a case. in accordance with Magnusson-Moss...the car has to be within the 18 months of first date of manufacture, the item has to be safety related and must have been brought in for repair by the dealer three time in the first 18 months or out of service 30 days. Do you meet any of theses requirements?

As someone who has lemon lawed two cars in the past 11 years...you do not have a case. in accordance with Magnusson-Moss...the car has to be within the 18 months of first date of manufacture, the item has to be safety related and must have been brought in for repair by the dealer three time in the first 18 months or out of service 30 days. Do you meet any of theses requirements?

Lemon law varies by state but I don't know a single state that covers it outside the bumper to bumper warranty. But then again, I am not a smart man. My state covers the whole bumper to bumper, 30 days out of service and/or 3 repair attempts.

But it requires the issue to have significant impact on the vehicle..

Lemon law varies by state but I don't know a single state that covers it outside the bumper to bumper warranty. But then again, I am not a smart man. My state covers the whole bumper to bumper, 30 days out of service and/or 3 repair attempts.

But it requires the issue to have significant impact on the vehicle..

My Nissan 350z was repurchased under lemon law at 50k miles. However the incident FIRST occurred at 300 miles. In California it is a "reasonable number of repair attempts, over a reasonable period of time" so you can actually get away with less than 3, etc.

I don't believe he has a case for a heating problem which has occurred once and at 48k miles. But if he has been regularly taking his car in for MFT issues (when I lemon lawed mine it had been in the shop 12 times in 8 months with multiple APIM replacements) then he could have a case for the MFT. Seems a little sketchy to come *****ing at 50k miles though.

Hi there,

I want to look into this and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, preferred servicing dealer, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll start investigating.

Crystal

Back