I just got my Euro Altezzas!!!

Jornum1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Clifton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 4x4 SOHC
Well I went to my local speed shop last week and bought some side markers for my truck. Now everyone knows the only place anybody can find altezzas is Autosyndicate.com. The guy at the speed shop asked me why I didnt get euro tails. my reaction was "You sell them!!" I had called autosyndicate about them about 2 months ago wanting to buy theirs, but they said they out of stock and dont have any intentions of making anymore. I was very dissappointed. But I picked up my pair today, and they are awsome. I just put them on. I know people will want pics now, and I will get them up in a little while. I will also find out what company makes them. Its not autosyndicate. I just wanted to say I found some for late model explorers. I will post pics soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah apc makes the clears, but not altezzas. Sportruck.com does sell them too I guess. I figured if my local speed shop could get them, someone has to be selling them online. I got the for the same price as that site $200 bucks. Kinda expensive but i think worth it. Sporttruck.com says 98-99 explorer 4 door only. I dont know if these are the same as mine, they look the same, but mine fits on my 2 door sport perfect. I They actually looked pretty solid. I was afraid they were going to be really cheap looking.
So here are the pics, gotta love digital cameras! I know my truck is dirty it just rained yesterday. I wanted to show you guys the altezzas though. I will update my registry page, and post a link here to see updated pics, now with side markers clear fronts, altezzas, and rims
View

View

looks nice.. but um.. last I checked.. APC made altezzas..

Thats just what I have found. I have never seen them for explorers. I looked on carparts.com, godfathercustoms.com, and autoaccessory.com and couldnt find any. Maybe I missed them. I wasnt trying to be rude.

I know.. sorry, I wasn't trying to be either, I mean.. I'm never 100% sure on anything, as far as I know, APC makes them, I know however that carwear.. or something with a similar name was making clears back around the original release of them, but I don't beleive taht company ever made it into domestic autos.. if they did, I haven't seen them. these companies have had a hard time with these things.. they come out with em and everyone snaps up a set, then people start gettin busted, so they make them with red reflectors.. and people still get busted... now I'm being told by a few sources that altezzas can melt on certain models (most likley not us.. if you are worried about that you may wanna look into some jamstrait LEDs from www.godfathercustoms.com) I love the work these companies are doin.. I just wish the govt wouldn't give them such a hard time.

yer truck looks great with those on there, does that wind thing on the top of your hatch door make a difference? my hatch and window is always so filthy.. I've been thinking about getting onna those

Its all good. Like I said as far as I have seen the only site that sells the altezzas is the one you showed me sportrucks.com. the spoiler is a lund windjammer, I am not really sure if it makes a difference to be honest. It still gets dirty, but I wash my truck once a week so it doesnt get that bad. But I remember in the winter my back window was always covered. I think its just a inexpensive way to get a pretty cool looking spoiler. Especially if you paint it. I did mine myself, with spray primer, paint, and clear coat. It came out pretty good, for 15 bucks!

Jornum - your truck looks great! Hope the body work turns out as good as the rest of the truck. Good shops can be hard to find.

body work? what else ya gone do?

Jornum-

Lemme know if you get leaking problems with the Altezzas. I've had problems with mine, and cant seem to find how to seal them properly....

Well no custom body work, just getting my fender bender wounds fixed :) I did decide though to go ahead and get the front and rear bumpers, rocker pannels and fender flares all painted the body color at the same time. they had to replace and paint the front bumper and left fender flare anyway. So I told them to go ahead and get it all done. It should look great.
Sideswipe,
No leaking problems yet. Where did you get yours auto syndicate?

I bought mine off of this company from ebay, ProCarParts. I havent been able to stop the leaks and I'm trying to find out if its the quality of THEIR particular Altezza or if its a problem that all Altezzas for the Explorer (perhaps they are all made my the same company and just distributed through different people?) share in common. Keep me posted, the truck looks bangin', keep up the good work...

missnaming

altezzas is a Toyota that is only in japan. it is the first car to have such tail lights. in the USA they released the Lexus IS 300 which all so comes with those lights. the whole clear light thing is from Japan and has nothing to do with Europe except it has become popular over there too. it seems to me that the Honda Ricer crowed should have been smart enuf to name these lights buy a name other than the original car that introduced them to the world. i cant belive we have to call them buy the same name still. the lights do look pretty cool though. i happen to think they look better on every car except the Honda's.

I totally agree with you. Thats why I used both names because everyone calls them something different. I dont know if there is a actual name for them. But they guy I bought them from called them altezzas. I also agree about the hondas, Some cars look horrible with them, especially the late model accords, where it goes all the way across the back fo the car. UGHHH But I do love how they look on my truck. Especially because it is red.
Hey Blk mk8,
I was wondering if you could take a look at the nitrous post under the modified forum. I had a few questions about it, and I know you and troll know alot about that stuff. If you could give me your opinions that would be great.
Jason

yea yea heh, I've seen them called both... you are right tho.. the name altezza did come from that japanese car. I beleive the politically correct term is "Euro-clear" but whos counting? if toyota sues me for it, they have too much time on their hands :p

Nos is a good thing if you drop me a email i will explain it to you. i dont want to get in to a big heated argument over it on the board.

looks cool man! I want em! Hey DarkFox1.. who is the mfr of the crystal eyes? Those will go perfect with these!

god, don't I know it heh, carwearusa makes the crystal eyes, unfortunatley, they do not make/plan on making them for the explorer.. I emailed them but they never replied.. they hardly have a website.. I say we either petition them, or bang their door down :p

crystal eyes & euro clear/altezzas.....

Yea http://www.carwear.com/ is real cool hehe.. temporarily down.... maybe we can hammer them?

Company: Car Wear USA
Address: 1307 E. Colorado St.
City: Glendale State:
CA Zip:
Telephone: 800-934-4599 Fax:
818-247-0097

E-Mail: info@carwear.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great lookin truck, but I think it'll look a lot better all body color. How do you like the marker lights? Do you have them hooked up as turns or parking lights and are the bulbs white or amber?
Thanks

I got some clear front corners for a Ranger from carparts.com and they were really nice. I don't think any of the internet companies make thier own, prob 1 or 2 big companies supplying most of them.

Back