hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
I need a flat pitman arm *no longer 911*

I am trying to find a flat pitman arm that fits a 93' explorer. I am wondering if anyone knows where to get one.

Thanks,

Clint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm not sure what to tell you... I do know that the sterring boxes are the same on virtually all the Ford products from Rangers, Explorers through the f 250's at least -so any pittman arm you find should work on your box. I would scour the pic-a-part near you.

Thanks Guy, I just came a ccross a flat ford pitman arm off a super duty at my friends shop and I guess I will see if the spline count is the same.

Thanks,

Clint

well, I wnet out and counted the splines on 2 of my other fords and they are all the same. I have a 1 ton van and an F150. on the 97 newer F150's they used a flat pitman arm so that is what I used on the explorer and it worked perfect. I am just glad my buddy had one laying around ;) Oh and it wasn't a superduty like I thought it was but the superduty would work also.

Thanks - that helps to positively confirm what I thought to be true - and it also gets us a nice selection of various pitman arms for Ranger/Explorer projects. I am eyeing up a nice factory dropped pitman arm on an E 250 van that should save me $50.

Yeah if I wouldn't have had to cut my old superlift dropped pitman arm off I would have given it to you ;) The drop pitman on my 95' E350 van is only about half of what the stock explorer pitman is.

Back