I think my BII needs a BIG brother | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I think my BII needs a BIG brother

stephan325i

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Bronco II, 2.8, 5spd
I have recently been thinking about buying a cheap vehicle to use while im in the middle of my BII 4.0 project just in case i dont get it done in the time i have allotted. I though a cheap car would be the way to go, something below 500 for the time being. I just saw a few days ago that there is a 95 Bronco for sale (outside my budget) and it got me thinking maybe thats the way to go, so when im done with the BII i can rebuild the Full size. IMO it would be pretty sweet to pull the BII out west for wheeling with a full size that will be painted to match the BII.

Heres the one i found, in case any of you are interested.

102109_080500.jpg

heres mine

081709_163400.jpg

I was wondering if any of you had an oppinion on the full size broncos. Which generation is best? ( i think the 87-90 look the best) If they are a decent vehicle. If i am getting into a good project or something that might just be a HUGE headache.

Thanks in advance for your opinions guys. (and girls if one wants to respond)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O.J. is that you ? :D

I've always loved the old broncos, too bad their image was marred forever in my mind when O.J. made a run for it...

I say go for it!! i love spending other peoples money!!

better have a 351 in it, FSB with 5.0L can hardly pull itself!! LOL

to me FSB = you either get a fantastic one or a total lemon, just like the BII!!
86-91 not exactly the best years, I love the 96 bronco however, 1996 is the year to have!!

better yet get an older one with a swapped 460 under the hood :)

O.J. is that you ? :D

I've always loved the old broncos, too bad their image was marred forever in my mind when O.J. made a run for it...

I say go for it!! i love spending other peoples money!!

Yeah its easier to spend someone elses money. haah

better have a 351 in it, FSB with 5.0L can hardly pull itself!! LOL

to me FSB = you either get a fantastic one or a total lemon, just like the BII!!
86-91 not exactly the best years, I love the 96 bronco however, 1996 is the year to have!!

better yet get an older one with a swapped 460 under the hood :)

Ok, this is the kind of help i wanted. No 5.0! good to know.

I got real lucky with my BII.... its amazing, hope i can get as lucky with a full size.

My grandpa sold his older full size..... WITH THE 460 put in it. it had a real crappy body, but ran strong. oh and the best part, he basically gave it away with out me knowing. i think like 150 bucks.

Thanks guys, keep it coming.

I have an 1986, the model year before FORD went to the box front end.... Bullet proof I6 that I bored and stroked, 3 into1 duel exhaust C6, Aussi locker front and rear, Mile maker transfer case viscus coupler...
Simple to maintain and the look FORD went back to after the box ran it's course.

I to am working on converting my B2 to a 4.0L / A4LD, Like you I hope I finish the job before the serous snow fly's.

Jager

Back