I want to add power locks to my 1995 Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to add power locks to my 1995 Aerostar.

aero4

Reaction score
City, State
Sugar Grove, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Aerostar XLT
Hello - Grateful for this forum. Just bought my 4th Aerostar. Question - It was NOT equipped with power door locks. Can they be added with reasonable effort ? Are they factory wired so a dealer could add them if a buyer wanted them. ?
I assume I would have to either get OEM stock or salvage, but the main concern is if the wiring is already there ( from the factory - when new) ?
This is a clean - low miles '95.

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the Aerostar section. You could purchase an aftermarket kit that comes complete with a remote, actuators, module, relays, etc. What are the years of your other Aerostars? Do you still have them?

My wife bought our first Aerostar ('95). I couldn't understand why she wanted that ugly thing. I took it over at 60,000 - fell in love with it, and added 100,000+. Bought a 97 - deluxe - extended. This was, and will always be the ultimate vehicle. Bought another 97 extended - all wheel - low miles from the proverbial "little old lady", but had to sell it because of health reasons. The first "97 extended got traded for a Hyundai because of high miles and the tinworm. Now I'm okay and I have a new '95 short version that wintered in Texas. It's like new but did not have the power window-door lock and mirror package. Thanks for your quick response - - happy to have found this group (SE).

Another option to power locks is a door popper kit. You push the button on the remote, and the door pops open. It's not so good in cold climates where the doors could ice up, but it's fine during any other time of the year. Some people shave the handles off, but you could leave them in place.

Back