IAC or not?

jeremism30

Reaction score
City, State
Oxnard,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
IAC or not?

I have had all the normal symptoms for IAC problems. Bad Idol, stalling on starts, stalling on hot starts etc…

Thing is I replaced the IAC and the new part ran worse than the old. I took it back and got the part replaced and the new part runs a little better, but still the problem is not fixed. Is there anything else that can cause IAC symptoms?

The new parts is Borg Warner, funny I compared it to the motorcraft part that I took off and they are the same part, meaning made by the same manufacturer. Guess there all made by the same group.

Thanks, Jeremi

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll clean them up tonight.

Also, have one other problem, I don't know if it is a simple fix or not. The compressor keeps kicking on and off for the A/C. A year I had the same problem and I took it in and had someone look at it. They said it was a pound low and it was causing it to kick on and off. This time I bought a charger and checked it myself, I don't remember what the reading was, but when I looked it up it was normal. Is it really low on the coolant or is there a leak somewhere that is causing the computer it kick off the compressor? I really do not know much about the A/C system, I'm just wondering if they really charged it or not, or tighten up a hose or something like that. Any sugestions on how to proceed?

There's a great thread on here on how to recharge your AC the right way. It sounds like my problem. I never evacuated the system, just got one of those fill cans and put it in. After reading the thread you'll understand. Good luck,

I got the idea from another thread to start with unpluging the battery for a few mins. Well I'm not sure if that fixed it of not, but it's running perfect at the moment. I drove it across town and parked it, sat there for 5 min and started it up again. It is still running perfect. I'm not going to say its fixed yet, I'll give it a couple of days before I say that, cus you know how IAC's are, but it's looking really good so far.

Oh, I forgot the A/C compressor isn't kicking on and off anymore. I don't have a clue about that one. So, it's defently running alot better so far.

Back