• Register Today It's free!

"ideal" exhaust for 2004 4.6 v8

loud04explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
As the title states, i'm looking mainly for a good exhaust set-up/muffler for my ex. Want something deep and decently loud but not annoying loud..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ZERO will tell you MAGNAFLOW...

LIMITED will tell you FLOWMASTER 70...

oh boy, not again lol...

it's about preference really, youtube will be your friend...

trust me i've watched countless you tube vids..but need some personal experience from people on here. My cousin suggested the 40 series, but wouldn't that be super loud?

40 will be loud yes...

i would suggest either MAGNAFLOW, or FLOWMASTER 50 or FLOWMASTER 70...

if you want good tone, but without being rediculous...

watched a vid of a 2002 v6 with the 40 series, and sounded pretty good..

would it sound good if i just swapped the stock muffler for a 40 series for now and left stock pipe?

I have the Flowmaster 50 Series SUV muffler. Had the muffler shop cut out the factory muffler and left all the pipe factory.....except for the stainless Flowmaster tip I had them weld on. Sounds real good....I just like loud so when this muffler goes I'm switching to the 40 series.

sounds good, i think i'm gonna go with that then. just swap the stock muffler with a 40 series and go from there.

What does a shop on average charge just to swap mufflers?

+1 flowmaster 50 suv Sounds good

I have the Flowmaster 50 Series SUV muffler. Had the muffler shop cut out the factory muffler and left all the pipe factory.....except for the stainless Flowmaster tip I had them weld on. Sounds real good....I just like loud so when this muffler goes I'm switching to the 40 series.

Back