Identify engine bay electrical connector | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Identify engine bay electrical connector

Kjhadfield

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City Beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac 4wd
While having my face in the engine bay changing my pcv hose & valve, I noticed a connector that had the wires exposed-like chaffed on something. Curious to what it is.

It doesn't look like any strands broke and the wire is only lite-ly corroded. I was thinking of just cleaning the exposed wires and that paint on electrical tape to seal it. Was just wanting to make sure before hand

29F2E95A-0752-4DD3-A4D2-A1451AFAD1FC_zpskgtqwnwc.jpg

Thanks AND happy Early Easter!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry forgot to get your bearings, this by the oil fill and you can see the pass side of the pcv elbow connected

You don't think the paint on electric tape would be a better option just because of the lack of slack in the wire. I'm assuming if the sensor was bad-I would be throwing cel?

How would that even happen to the wire, especially on the top of the engine bay with no interference. Could the wires of gotten to hot or something

Anything's better than bare wire, use what you have. Unless you're throwing a CEL or p0325/p0330, cover them and be done with it.

Did this about 2 weeks ago-didn't realize how bad it was with wires exposed

95A709FC-5BD4-4C1D-B2D8-233863AD243E_zpsgnmydxil.jpg

And after liquid tape-I coated the heck out of it
1063A1E0-025E-4F97-8AF8-67272E485E82_zpsdiwwwzax.jpg

That liquid tape is the shiznit! I gotta get me some.

Yes it is! I'm surprised I didn't short a wire or dAmage the sensor with how exposed the wires were and almost touching each other. There was no slack or play so the liquid tape it was

Yes it is! I'm surprised I didn't short a wire or dAmage the sensor with how exposed the wires were and almost touching each other. There was no slack or play so the liquid tape it was
Did you ever get a p0325 and or did you ever get one after this fix ?

Back