Identify these lift brackets

Raceit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 2DR 4WD XL
I bought some used lift brackets for the front of my Explorer. The person that sold them to me didn't know who made them. They would raise it 4 or 5 1/2" depending on what holes are used. However there is one bracket that is bent ever-so-slightly and I'm not sure if it's bad or can just be strengthend with some bracing or something.

Here is what looks like the two drop down brackets for the radius arms.
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Here is one of the front backets.
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

This is bracket that it mildly bent in some places.
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Here are two more full-size shots with some highlights in the pictures that show where and how much each bracket is bent.
Dead Link Removed
Next shot...
Dead Link Removed

Thanks for any insight into who made these. I would assume that they are from SuperLift. Especailly due to the one bracket being bent. :rolleyes:

Superlift 5.5.....
Yes, it is fine...The bracket that is in question, it is completely bolt on...Pass side axle bracket.
Before calling around for parts to complete the lift, check out Superlifts web site and get the part numbers. When I called 4 wheelparts about the SOA, they said it was no longer available. I went to the SL site, got the part number, and called back.." NO PROBLEM, we have that in stock"

Thanks for the info guys.

Should that bracket that has bends in it be stiffend up? I have access to welding equipment that can add on a small right-angled peice on either side. Or should I even worry about it?

Thanks again!!!

Back