• Register Today It's free!

X-cal2 and Rancho quick lift.

Rammer24

Reaction score
City, State
Regina, Saskatchewan,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Ok looks like I'm going to have some money to spend on my Explorer. In the next 2-4 weeks I will order a X-Cal2 and hold on to your shorts...a Rancho Quick lift could go on the Explorer. Once I make up my mind if I want to spend $5000-$6000 on a new TV and stereo or $6000-$7000 then I'll order the Rancho lift. I'm leaning toward the $5000-$6000 to leave room for the Rancho lift. I hope to order this stuff in the next 2 weeks but we'll see how it goes. I'm going to email Rancho right now to get all the info I need for my Explorer.

Of course if I do put it on I will post the pictures. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get up to 3" of lift with custom coilsprings from www.coilsprings.com
and its cheap.
im not sure there is a quick lift for the 3rd gens yet.

I was on the site and they say that there is. I also sent an email to them and asked about the quick lift for my Explorer and gave them my specs. Guess I'll see what they say tomorrow. I'll look into the springs aswell. thanks.

There site has been saying that since 10/06. Please, let us know what they say :)

quicklift

I ordered my quicklift on 3/6 and UPS just droped them off today,
Icant wait to get some time to put them on!

Pics when you have a chance please :) Is this for the 04 or the 97? Details, brother, details! Is this all around?

It's for the 04 all around part # 999797/999781 from central 4 wheel drive for $599. I hope to get them put on Sunday.

It's for the 04 all around part # 999797/999781 from central 4 wheel drive for $599. I hope to get them put on Sunday.

They are priced at 199 each, so 800 bucks all around. How did you get them for 599???

Hmm...

Rancho says they have them in stock... but even still, the price is $199.99 per wheel. C4WD says Buy 3 get 1 free... $599.99. What's going on here? :shifty_ey:shifty_ey

Still, more expensive than Coilsprings, but QL can be adjusted. Hmm...

Confusing :rolleyes:

3rd gen QL

RAMMER24! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! :)

pic - mine will be installed using the Coilsprings - total 3" front 2+" rear. can't discuss the details, but that's why I love warranties :D

but I can't hate on Rancho anymore :(

Nice I'm just waiting for my bank to get my paper work inorder then I'll order mine. I'll go with the buy 3 get one free deal and the programmer. I think the Rancho's are a good deal since you get new shocks with the system. Cant wait. If everything goes right I'll sign papers on Tuesday and order right after.

Good work!! And the 3/1 free is nice! Mine should be done by Tuesday afternoon... This will be kinda odd, because it's like I've been badmouthing them for soooo long and yet here I go with the install. But, no matter... there they are!

Good work!! And the 3/1 free is nice! Mine should be done by Tuesday afternoon... This will be kinda odd, because it's like I've been badmouthing them for soooo long and yet here I go with the install. But, no matter... there they are!

Pics when it happens, heh.

Oh yes, both will stay... right now, i'm thinking 2.5 to 3.0 front. The rear seems okay, but I have to see them on to know for sure. but the lift will not exceed 2.5 to 3.0. I'm even thinking 2.75 front and 2.25 rear. not sure. what do you think about this?

Am I reading into this right? You can adjust the amount of lift up to 2.5', as well as the ride settings?
Tim

Gorancho.com

I believe the higher the lift, the stiffer the ride. That is a very good question!

It's a set lift with adjustable dampening. I just got the front done and it looks to be a 2" lift. I will have some pic's soon

Alright!

Be here...

:popcorn:

after installing the rancho quicklift it gave me a 2" lift, with the new 265's a total of 3". The adjustable ride set at 6 is a noticeable improvement

Before
A__MVC_035S.jpg

After
sidex.jpg

frontx.jpg

wheelx.jpg

strutx.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, it brings tears to my eyes :) How do you feel driving? Does the vehicle feel more responsive?? The vehicle looks terrific! Nice color :)

That is a picture I thought would never be able to happen the way Rancho was stalling... That is a beauty!

Back