Ignition switched fuse slots?

warwgn3

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Lincoln Aviator
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any idea of which of the slots in the fuse box under the dash are ignition switched VS. hot at all times?

I need to install an "add-a-fuse" connector with a 12v power socket to power my GPS and dash cam, but I want the power to cut out when I shut the ignition off.

The fuse box list in the owners manual lists which slots power what components, but they don't list which slots are ignition switched VS. hot at all times.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know the direct answer, but in the battery junction box, if you open it, you can access a connector that is a junction for switched power.

Look down the first post in this thread until you find the pic of the junction box.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417905

I plan to go back in and set up a tap that can be accessed outside of the junction box for other accessories. Such as my back up camera and driving camera.

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any idea of which of the slots in the fuse box under the dash are ignition switched VS. hot at all times?

I need to install an "add-a-fuse" connector with a 12v power socket to power my GPS and dash cam, but I want the power to cut out when I shut the ignition off.

The fuse box list in the owners manual lists which slots power what components, but they don't list which slots are ignition switched VS. hot at all times.

Thanks.

use Fuse 15 or 4, they have power when in ACC/RUN position and they power the rear wiper motor/tps/instrument cluster and windshield wiper motor respectively.

to make sure, you can use a voltmeter and probe the top hole of the fuse (the fuse has an exposed hole on top for voltmeters/probe)

use Fuse 15 or 4, they have power when in ACC/RUN position and they power the rear wiper motor/tps/instrument cluster and windshield wiper motor respectively.

to make sure, you can use a voltmeter and probe the top hole of the fuse (the fuse has an exposed hole on top for voltmeters/probe)

I got it, thanks. Luckily, I already had everything wired up, and connected, so all I had to do is move the add-a-fuse to another slot. Did it while on my lunch break at work.

I just posted the same question for my 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. What fuse location did you use and what did it power?
Thanks

Back