I'm going to be in Truckin's SUV!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm going to be in Truckin's SUV!!

Originally posted by Rick
I thought SUV magazine was more for the pavement pounders who are more into neon and sound systems than offroading of any sort.:rolleyes:

I can just imagine the replies from all the guys with different brands of SUVs . "My Mercedes can take me offroad in comfort too...."

So they like to represent all aspects of the market, is that so wrong? There's a fair amount of both street and off-road rides featured in the mag. You shouldn't simply write it off due to an assumption and the fact that everything isn't covered in mud.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even the big ole' Excursion is more than likely a pavement pounder and not an offroader. Nothing wrong with that but it's like I said in my first post
I thought SUV magazine was more for the pavement pounders who are more into neon and sound systems than offroading of any sort

So they have a mix of trucks with neon and bolt on "offroad" parts.:rolleyes:

Here is their mission statement:

"about us

Bred in mud, raised on trails, sport utility vehicles are now the gentry of the nation's highways. Truckin's SUV provides provides these gentlemen (and lady) "off-roaders" with helpful information on how to take advantage of the unique versatility these rugged rides offer. New vehicle evaluations, travel tips and basic technical articles make Truckin's SUV the magazine that transforms these '90s versions of the "station wagon" into multipurpose vehicles of excitement."

By looking at the Cadillac and the Chevy on the 20" rims I think they kinda are missing their mark.

Most of the magazine is street vehicles. Those Explorers that were featured a few months back were show vehicles, and most looked pretty confused if you ask me.

That Trail Blazer defintely looks confused... Offroad lighting, bumper guard inches off the ground and 20" rims:confused:

Most of the time when they feature lifted trucks 4x4 or 2wd they are still street. They will have a real pretty and costly paint job that will never see the likes of any road unpaved. Everytime I have read an article about a lifted vehicle in Truckin' or the SUV version they always say "Dont be confused though this thing is 4wd it is a street machine" then they go on to talk about the different engine upgrades.

So I'm going to gather it's the general concensus of this entire site that if it's not muddy, it's worthless? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SycoPhant
So I'm going to gather it's the general concensus of this entire site that if it's not muddy, it's worthless? :rolleyes:

No. I just think most people can't understand why one would dump all that time and money in a 4x4 lifting it, and not actually use it. WHat is the point of a lift htat only sees the road? I'd say that those are some sort of compensation for something:D . Don't get me wrong I got nothing against street rides. To each his own, but atleast lowered vehices are used for what they where built for. If your gonna lift it atleast use it moderately.

That's just my oppinion

I agree, if you're going to make it, it's more or less silly not to use it. From what I've seen, if a vehicle is privately owned it's more likely to see some off-road time, but many of these are heavily corporate sponsored so they have to follow certain rules of the sponsorship to make sure their vehicle stays in good shape.

I also agree. I know someone at school, who has a nice big chevy, with all the trimmings. Never touched a trail. I don't know why you would spend all that money to do that.

Back