86EXPLORER86

Reaction score
City, State
SANTA CLARITA CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
FAST 2004 XLT 4.0 STRIPED
So the ex was towed yesterday and impounded for 30days

mod's are going to have to wait till i pay off these tickets

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did they pop you for?

I have to go reinstate my lisens i did have one as of this month

so i got to pay mad fines

I was tryn to get it out today but i guess its lincons birthday today

lincons holdn me back

so i found out 3 grand total

that deffinately is a very HEFTY ammount!

I have to go reinstate my lisens i did have one as of this month

so i got to pay mad fines

If I read this right...you having been driving with no license. And you wonder why they impounded your truck (apart from the way it looks)? I cannot believe that you have a truck that had no front bar, was raised at the front and is an obvious stand out (for the wrong reasons), and you would drive it with no license.

No sympathy for you.

I cannot believe that you have a truck that had no front bar, was raised at the front and is an obvious stand out (for the wrong reasons)

You'd be surprised how many trucks here in california have the front end lifted higher than the rear, they even call it the "California Lift", it's not my style at all. Which is why i wasnt surprised when i first saw his because its pretty common, its somewhat the "style" here :dunno: :crazy:

But not ALL of them are so extreme, don't want you to think all my state has bad taste!!!

Just about every off-road truck here in so-cal looks similar to 86's (higher in front, stock bumper removed) except most have a tubed bumper with skid plate and fiberglass fenders. His truck is def. nothing out of the norm here in cali. Just like you guys hate that look a lot of people in cali wouldn't be caught dead with a bull bar and lights mounted on a cargo rack. I remember when I moved here i use to think prerunners with skid plates and fiberglass fenders were the ugliest things ever, a few years later I owned one, lol. I guess it kind of grows on you when you see them everyday and you want something that performs like a cadi in 5 foot whoop sections and can jump 10 foot jumps and barelly feel it. And no offense but you knew there was going to be consequences for driving on a suspended if you got caught, so now you got to own up and pay some hefty fees.

You'd be surprised how many trucks here in california have the front end lifted higher than the rear, they even call it the "California Lift", it's not my style at all. Which is why i wasnt surprised when i first saw his because its pretty common, its somewhat the "style" here :dunno: :crazy:

But not ALL of them are so extreme, don't want you to think all my state has bad taste!!!

I lived there for 3 months back in 2000, but most trucks I saw there were "normal" - or at least level. Some were dropped, some were lifted, but not so much front to back. The whole front higher than the back is like a poor man's airbag system where the compressor has broken, and IMO is such a ghetto look!

Whoa whoa....I'm from the bay area, east bay specifically, from the hood, all the richmond, oakland shiyate. This is how we roll there. 22" chrome or 100 spoke rims, have bags in the back, lower the explorer, or just lower the back. It's what we do yo, if you not from the area, it prob looks hella weird, but living there for 19 years, you're used to seeing it. Hella scraper cars. People puttin 24's on 1980's station wagons, the favorite vehicle is the El dorado. It's just a different culture, but yeah, it's all way freakin ghetto. You wouldn't believe some of the crap they do to their cars....

Hmm.. driving on a expired license, if the vehicle is registered to you then your registration was also invalid plus maybe your insurance if they knew of it. Looking at the pics from the 3rd gen offroad thread, you have no front bumper so thats a traffic citation.. Also you may wanna get your negative camber issue fixed if you haven't already.. Your gonna kill your tires fast that way. Your lucky its only costing you $3K to get the truck back.

I lived there for 3 months back in 2000, but most trucks I saw there were "normal" - or at least level. Some were dropped, some were lifted, but not so much front to back. The whole front higher than the back is like a poor man's airbag system where the compressor has broken, and IMO is such a ghetto look!

yea, nowadays almost everyone is doing that style lift with pre runner flares and what not. the "baja" style is also big here in San Diego, since we're right on the border and what not

yea, nowadays almost everyone is doing that style lift with pre runner flares and what not. the "baja" style is also big here in San Diego, since we're right on the border and what not
Donner's truck is an example of how you can get a nice aggressive "pre-runner" look, but still have the truck at a decent height and without the rear end dragging.

No sympathy either my friend...

jackass... is the one and only word to describe this situation lol !!!!!...

Donner's truck is an example of how you can get a nice aggressive "pre-runner" look, but still have the truck at a decent height and without the rear end dragging.

I agree, I hate the front end higher look. when i get my spacers, it's going to be even!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep in mind most dont lift the front higher for looks. It actually helps a lot when your jumping when the front is a couple inches higher than the rear. the front weighs a lot more than the rear (on trucks) so when you hit a jump the front end compresses more. also the front trackwidth is usually a couple inches wider than the rear to help with tracking and cornering. Most prerunners are built to perform and not for looks.

Back