installing subs onto stock headunit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

installing subs onto stock headunit

xp4ul13x

Reaction score
i have a 1998 ford explorer xlt with the base system i believe. it is casette/cd headunit. im trying to add my two 12s and 1000 watt amp. i have the line converter box and im trying to splice into the wiring directly behind the headunit so that i can just stick the box behind the headunit and run the rca wires to the back. i need to know what color wire the remote turn on wire is for the amp and what two wires i can splice the box into. ive looked all over the place and cant find any diagrams that match my truck. id appreciate any help. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site... do a search here in the audio forum, this has been covered..... and there you will find all you seek, as i don't know it off hand

like i said ive searched (primarily on this site) and i cannot find anything that matches my truck. i looked through the entire audio forum. been looking for going on 3 hrs now.

i dont recommend it but.. get line out converters and the haynes manual.. it tells or the wire colors for the speakers .. i believe the grey set and white set are rear.. you sound quality will suck

if your gonna do ti that way- use audiocontrols 3cs or whatever its called for the line out convertere not the junky one from walmart

Back