Intake manifold gasket 94682

rocco123

Reaction score
City, State
Endicott, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT & 2002 Limited
Just a note:

Went to replace my lower intake gasket on my '94 explore & fount it won't completely cover the intake mating surface (though the ports align). After some searching I did find the correct PN is a 946821 , and not a 94682. Apparently I have a '95 engine in my truck. I do have pics if U need them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fel-pro gasket? I had the same thing happen, took it back and told them to shove it and bought another brand that fit correctly. You don't have a 95 engine, they tried to tell me that too.

Yes, Fel-pro. Had to have them order the right size gasket as nobody in the area stocks the right gasket. Cost another day of down time, but I certainly didn't want to risk a leak trying to seal it with silicone on the ends. Got it together & no leaks noted. Temp still fluctuates after cleaning & back-flush ( & a new Stant thermostat). Third thermostat installed in hopes of keeping a stable temp, but at least it isn't leaking.

Would that same part number you mentioned before work with a 93 ford explorer(lower intake gasket wise), cause I also have to replace my lower intake gasket and I want to make sure I get the right one. Also where should the rtv be placed when your putting the gasket on to insure a complete seal?

Just a note:

Went to replace my lower intake gasket on my '94 explore & fount it won't completely cover the intake mating surface (though the ports align). After some searching I did find the correct PN is a 946821 , and not a 94682. Apparently I have a '95 engine in my truck. I do have pics if U need them.

can I see the pictures, cause I have this same problem. my felpro gasket I went and bought covers everything but the front and back area of my engine block, and all the parts said kept saying was to use the rtv to cover those areas

can I see the pictures, cause I have this same problem. my felpro gasket I went and bought covers everything but the front and back area of my engine block, and all the parts said kept saying was to use the rtv to cover those areas
That's exactly the problem and why I said to avoid the FelPro gasket. A correct gesket should be indentical to stock, you only place RTV on the parts of the gasket where there isn't a built in seal.

That's exactly the problem and why I said to avoid the FelPro gasket. A correct gesket should be indentical to stock, you only place RTV on the parts of the gasket where there isn't a built in seal.

what brand gasket did you end up getting?

The 946821 was identical

Back