• Register Today It's free!

is it worth it?

wintersice

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SOHC XLT
its gonna be my first transmission rebuild cause mine is pretty fried, i have the 2 3 flare and it struggles to get into reverse. alot of people including transmission repair guys say dont bother, to just get a used one cause they usually dont work when you rebuild em anyway. I have the atsg book for the 5r55e, have seen a trans rebuild, and am not afraid to tear it open but i dont have money to buy parts and not have it work in the end. So like the title says is it worth it to rebuild? how many of u have rebuilt it and had favorable outcomes? cause if i buy a used 1 im just gonna sell it cause u never know when its gonna give. thanks

Hm, I say if you dont have money to repair it further if it doesnt work, try to just find a lower mileage one in a JY.

How many miles? Why not get a seperator plate, new epc, and upgrades, new fluid and filter?
Or, call Donny at central valve body, and get a tested vb from him with upgrades installed.
If that doesn't fix the issue, put this tested valve body on your next transmission.

Back