• Register Today It's free!

JBA Headers ?

Zwamp Rat

Reaction score
City, State
Polk city fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 xlt
Hello, first time asking something, so if it’s not right let me know. I’m wondering if anybody has a set of JBA headers they’d be willing to part with for the 02-05 4.6 explorer. One of my manifolds is cracked and I’d rather replace with headers. Also if anybody knows of another set/brand that would work. Lastly, how much modification would I have to do to install a set of mustang headers. Welding and fabrication isn’t an issue, but not wanting to be the guinea pig to try. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a set of 4.6L stock manifolds from my 03 Mustang there is any interest.

Given the age of the Ex and performance requirements, I would think that any set of budget shorty headers would work. If you feel better and have a heavy wallet, brand name headers may be your choice. Personally, I'd skip if this is not a high performance or show vehicle.

I have a set of 4.6L stock manifolds from my 03 Mustang there is any interest.

Given the age of the Ex and performance requirements, I would think that any set of budget shorty headers would work. If you feel better and have a heavy wallet, brand name headers may be your choice. Personally, I'd skip if this is not a high performance or show vehicle.
Thanks for the input. No it’s not a high performance or show truck. But I’m working out all the kinks in prep of a supercharger. Headers I believe would be better than the manifolds for the supercharger. Looking to get 400 to 450 at the rear wheels. As far as the manifold, if I have to stick with them I can pull a set off of one of my parts trucks but thanks for offering.

Thanks for the input. No it’s not a high performance or show truck. But I’m working out all the kinks in prep of a supercharger. Headers I believe would be better than the manifolds for the supercharger. Looking to get 400 to 450 at the rear wheels. As far as the manifold, if I have to stick with them I can pull a set off of one of my parts trucks but thanks for offering.
No problem and understood about your power adder. I put a set of aftermarket headers on my 03 4.6L motor. Checked out some research on high price brand name headers vs. less expensive aftermarket from lesser known brands. Seems that fit and finish were reallt the only differences for some. Surprisingly the performance seemed to be pretty much the same. Certainly headers vs. stock manifolds show better performance.

No problem and understood about your power adder. I put a set of aftermarket headers on my 03 4.6L motor. Checked out some research on high price brand name headers vs. less expensive aftermarket from lesser known brands. Seems that fit and finish were reallt the only differences for some. Surprisingly the performance seemed to be pretty much the same. Certainly headers vs. stock manifolds show better performance.
That’s good info I’ll keep that in mind. The only thing that worries me about the mustang header is if the collector will be in the steering shaft. I was hoping someone had tried and new the pitfalls of going this route or had an alternative header that would work.

That’s good info I’ll keep that in mind. The only thing that worries me about the mustang header is if the collector will be in the steering shaft. I was hoping someone had tried and new the pitfalls of going this route or had an alternative header that would work.
Just got an email from JBA that stated the headers have been discontinued for a couple years now. Soooo there defiantly out!

Just got an email from JBA that stated the headers have been discontinued for a couple years now. Soooo there defiantly out!
Whaaat! The 4.6L is a very popular engine.

Guess not in specific 02-05 ex trim. Time stamp is today.

B9C8E634-1C94-492B-9CD2-88943D6731D8.jpeg

Not much profit in performance parts for a 20 year old v8 explorer. There was hardly a market when it was new.

Not much profit in performance parts for a 20 year old v8 explorer. There was hardly a market when it was new.
Very true. But that’s one thing that I like. Kinda an odd ball thing to build. Appreciate the input. If someone has a set they’d be willing to part with let me know. If I try a mustang header and it works without a pile of modification I’ll let y’all know.

f150 headers...??like these...?

the company that makes those will also do limited run custom headers so perfect fit to an X....so bulk purchase anyone...?...i'm down

the company that makes those will also do limited run custom headers so perfect fit to an X....so bulk purchase anyone...?...i'm down
The 2nd gen 5.0 V8 needs a cheaper alternative, if they could make those, I'd buy several sets.

The headers look like they could be made to work on a 3rd gen. But if they do small runs of custom I have 3 3rd gen X’s that would get them for sure. I’m down.

Back