Joe Dirt's '97 XLT "Shamrock" | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's '97 XLT "Shamrock"

Ok all, so now that Snowball is gone to the retirement home (heated pole barn up north) :) I'm going to be rollin' in Shamrock, my new virtually rust-free '97 V8. Since the ad was placed by the previous owner on CriagsList on St. Patrick's Day and purchased the day after, I thought it only fitting to pick that name.

So here are some pics of her just washed, nothing else done... Not bad for what I shelled out for her!

DSCF8113.jpg

DSCF8114.jpg

DSCF8116.jpg

DSCF8117.jpg

DSCF8115.jpg

DSCF8074.jpg

DSCF8075.jpg

As you can see, she needs to be cleaned right good like... But I'm going to tear everything out, powerwash the carpet, and everything else as I did on Snowball.

Right now current plans are putting on some stock running boards, swapping the blue interior lights to factory green, Dropping in a Pioneer deck, new leather wheel, new(er) rear bumper (dent), maybe black '97 windows, new headlights/fogs, paint the pillar trims, grabbing the rotary to start polishing, and fixing some nitpick things- roof rack, A/C recharge, CV axles... Yada yada...

More to come! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Way more Benji's...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

32?

Ah- personal matters... ;)

Nice, I have something to work toward I bought a 97 for $500. and now Im doing the interior, repainted the interior from crap brown to almond with krylon fusion, replaced the carpet with 5x7 area rug from walmart for $20 and spent $26 on padding $10 on adhesive spray, looks good with a bit of time taken to fit it right and clean before putting in. Hope mine will look as good as yours when done!

It takes work, but it's well worth it... :)

hey man lol omfg.

Yup-yup.

Unfortunately, I had to trim down my PB account. I'm going to move some pics to the forum account, for the old vehicle registries, and some of my writeups...

Photobucket is free too, but I have so many pictures- I filled two accounts up... Time to trim... :)

Photobucket is free too, but I have so many pictures- I filled two accounts up... Time to trim... :)

I filled mine too.. so now I pay teh $20 a year for it
Ive got hundreds of videos of the kids posted for the family back home.

Rick got my spare $20 for this year... :D

Back