Joe Dirt's '97 XLT "Shamrock" | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's '97 XLT "Shamrock"

Ok all, so now that Snowball is gone to the retirement home (heated pole barn up north) :) I'm going to be rollin' in Shamrock, my new virtually rust-free '97 V8. Since the ad was placed by the previous owner on CriagsList on St. Patrick's Day and purchased the day after, I thought it only fitting to pick that name.

So here are some pics of her just washed, nothing else done... Not bad for what I shelled out for her!

DSCF8113.jpg

DSCF8114.jpg

DSCF8116.jpg

DSCF8117.jpg

DSCF8115.jpg

DSCF8074.jpg

DSCF8075.jpg

As you can see, she needs to be cleaned right good like... But I'm going to tear everything out, powerwash the carpet, and everything else as I did on Snowball.

Right now current plans are putting on some stock running boards, swapping the blue interior lights to factory green, Dropping in a Pioneer deck, new leather wheel, new(er) rear bumper (dent), maybe black '97 windows, new headlights/fogs, paint the pillar trims, grabbing the rotary to start polishing, and fixing some nitpick things- roof rack, A/C recharge, CV axles... Yada yada...

More to come! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:chug::party::exporange

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

:salute: Hopefully she won't end up like snowball :(

Looking forward to seeing how wedgie ends up looking!

At about 7:15 tonight, it was official, Shamrock was sold and signed over and as such, it was time to make it rain- under the watchful eye and spirit of the one that wouldn't leave me alone until Shamrock was gone.

Shamrock's spirit is probably not happy with wedgie :D

Not even remotely worried about that one... :D

I figured this was only appropriate, since Snowball's spirit finally got what it wanted all along... :p:

DSCF4005.jpg

Snowball's spirit has more aggressive tires than Snowball did....

...and more aggressive than the BF's I just bought, right Nate? :D

Yes sir! :salute: Not dissing on your tire choice, you liked em and thats what counts. Now I bought some aggressive tires today.

My Ex never does anything more dirty than two tracks, so I grabbed the BF's since I don't need the drone of aggressive tires for the .000003% of the time that I might possibly need them. :)

Awesome registy. Some nice work you did during the time you owned it. My carpet isn't all that dirty- I can probably wait until spring to power wash it.

About the seat reclinder handle- did you get a replacement handle, a new seat or did you fix the handle? Mine is broken too. I haven't really looked in to what it takes to get it fixed. I had to use vice grips to set my seatback- and I don't think it's quite right.

I just grabbed one from the junkyard and replaced it...

Really?

I like this one...

DSCF4002.jpg

Hey- like Sam said- Pimpin' ain't easy...

Good eye... ;)

I'm full of surprises! (Or full of something, I'm told...)

Nice new avatar :D

lol!

I immediately searched this thread when i saw the Benjamins flyin' in your avatar, my hunch was correct. Congrats on the sale. Looks like a nice stack of bills you got for her.

Joe, nice avatar. Never a dull moment! :bounce:

21 Benji's for snowball?

Back