Jumper wire fell off and I don't know where it goes ,truck won't start now,Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jumper wire fell off and I don't know where it goes ,truck won't start now,Help

Ivy

Reaction score
City, State
Ladysmith
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998mazda b2500
The last owner of my Mazda b2500,removed most of the clutch parts and put in a jumper wire,the wire fell off and I don't know where it goes,the truck won't start and if I don't get it going I'm going to lose my jobs Help please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have any idea what the jumper wire was for? Or generally where it was?
I’ll guess that it jumped the switch that’s on the clutch pedal
If you stick your head under the dash right by the pedals and look up around the top of pedals, there is a small plastic connector on a wire. It may or may not be clipped onto the pedal arm.
When it’s set up correctly, it makes an electrical connection when you push in the clutch, and lets you start the truck.
If it doesn’t make the connection, like if the jumper wire fell off, you won’t be able to start it.

it is called the 3 position clutch switch
there are 3 circuits that pass through it
1. starter enable (so that when the clutch is pushed the starter can run)
2. cruise control (so when you press the clutch it disables the cruise control, otherwise engine would rev to the sky)
3. ESOF, electronic 4wd shift, so that you have to press the clutch in order to achieve the low range shift

I would jumper all 3 of them, truck will then start
You can get a plug that plugs into it from an automatic truck, or you can use jumper wire

If you stick your head under the dash right by the pedals and look up around the top of pedals, there is a small plastic connector on a wire. It may or may not be clipped onto the pedal arm.
When it’s set up correctly, it makes an electrical connection when you push in the clutch, and lets you start the truck.
If it doesn’t make the connection, like if the jumper wire fell off, you won’t be able to start it.

no message just quote @Ivy

Back