Jus Spec'd Out a 2013 Limited Black/Black | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jus Spec'd Out a 2013 Limited Black/Black

wikidhd

Reaction score
City, State
Woodbridge,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
For the past 2 months I have been on this site researching the new 13MY Ex, I love the look of the Ex but saw all of the problems it was having and decided to wait for the 13MY. Well it's here, I am going to pull the trigger on Monday for a new 13MY Tuxedo Black Limited. I have the 302A pkg with the 20"inch polished wheels, 2nd Row Bucket Seats w/center console and Dual Panel Moonroof. So far i have drove the 12MY and have witnessed the TSBs first hand, drove the 12MY wit 3 miles on it, heard the A pillar rattle and smelled the burning oil after running it hard on 95S interstate(LOL). Experienced the slow MFT but overall it was a great ride and a lot space for my family. I'm 6'5 n there are not a lot of mid-size SUVs i can fit in, so I am hoping that the 13MY has all of the problems fixed. I have owned a Ford for the last 16 years, I had the 2dr explorer sport that served me well, but my last Ford has been the best, it had a few TSBs so I am familar with this when it comes to Ford. I have been spoiled by my 2001 F150 Supercharged HarleyDavidson, it has 208,000 miles on it and stiil going strong. This is what i am expecting from my new Ex, I hope it can duplicate this service. I hope everyone get their TSBs taken care of cuz I do believe Ford can make a great product, I will always be a Ford fan cuz I will always b a Mustang Fan. Hoping one day I can get my hands on a Shelby GT500 67 or 13. Good luck guys....:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site, I like the tuxedo black color and I hope you will enjoy your EX...

For the past 2 months I have been on this site researching the new 13MY Ex, I love the look of the Ex but saw all of the problems it was having and decided to wait for the 13MY. Well it's here, I am going to pull the trigger on Monday for a new 13MY Tuxedo Black Limited. I have the 302A pkg with the 20"inch polished wheels, 2nd Row Bucket Seats w/center console and Dual Panel Moonroof. So far i have drove the 12MY and have witnessed the TSBs first hand, drove the 12MY wit 3 miles on it, heard the A pillar rattle and smelled the burning oil after running it hard on 95S interstate(LOL). Experienced the slow MFT but overall it was a great ride and a lot space for my family. I'm 6'5 n there are not a lot of mid-size SUVs i can fit in, so I am hoping that the 13MY has all of the problems fixed. I have owned a Ford for the last 16 years, I had the 2dr explorer sport that served me well, but my last Ford has been the best, it had a few TSBs so I am familar with this when it comes to Ford. I have been spoiled by my 2001 F150 Supercharged HarleyDavidson, it has 208,000 miles on it and stiil going strong. This is what i am expecting from my new Ex, I hope it can duplicate this service. I hope everyone get their TSBs taken care of cuz I do believe Ford can make a great product, I will always be a Ford fan cuz I will always b a Mustang Fan. Hoping one day I can get my hands on a Shelby GT500 67 or 13. Good luck guys....:chug:
Welcome to the Forum wikidhd.:wavey: I have a 2011 Ltd and love it.
Now the hard part begins. Waiting......waiting.....waiting...;)

Peter

Welcome to the loony bin. Black is an awesome color on the Explorer for sure!!

Thanks peterk9, the waiting part is not going to be to hard becuz I will be spending my time restoring my 01 Supercharged F150 Harley Davidson....i can't wait...but i will have one eye on the calendar waiting for the new darkhorse of the fam......

Thanks gdecamp, I am use to this, this is really mild, u should try nhtoc.com or lightningrodder.com, it can get real ugly in those two. But there is always really good information and you meet some really great people on those two sites. I have met a ton of great people on those sites and very helpful in so many ways, i could not have worked on my truck without their help.........I hope I get the same treatment here....

We welcome you with open arms!

GROUP HUG! Who's in? :)

Thanks Vince......

Back