Just bought explorer 224km. What maitenance should i do? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought explorer 224km. What maitenance should i do?

nasty_north

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Eddie Bauer v6
Hi, i just bought an 03 explorer 4.0 with 224 km to drive this winter in Toronto Canada. It currently has a low oil light and service engine soon light on. I pick up the car tomorrow.

What type of service or matinence should i do to help make sure it lasts through the tough winters i have planned for it? i have read and searched and this is what i found so far:

1) oil change & filter
2) fuel filter
3)flush coolant / thermostat
4) differential and transfer case oil changes
5) lube rear drive shaft spline

did i miss anything? can you reccomend type of fluids? threads? i heard that 0w30 is a good engine fluid to run to keep pressure up. or should i stick to 5w30.

on a side note i need to repair a passenger side tweeter and it looks like the rubber insert below the stereo is cut. it is half the size it should be, and there is a 1" diametere hole in the center console. is that hole normal? is the rubber inserts a one shoe fits all for the 03's . i dont want to buy the wrong inserts.
reference pic:

j6l8qb.jpg

any help for a complete newb to explorers would be greatly appreciated. cant wait to pick it up tomorrow and get started!

thanks!

Back