• Register Today It's free!

just installed K&N drop in filter

Explorer94GV

Reaction score
City, State
Springdale, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT 97' XLT AWD V8
holy ****! this was worth every $42.56! my engine is on its way out i have 1 piston fried at 60pos and 2 at about 110 psi and dropping. im getting a new engine on march 1st. all i can say is my X is got pick now. i used to only be able to reach about 4 rpm and my engine whould just not be able to handle and starting straining back and forth. now i can handle that with ease. I gain a 1/2 rpm to 4 1/2 now. and remeber this is only with a v5 basically once i get my engine in i will post what she can really do. LOL peeps must of thought i was crazy when i was flooring it at green lights it was so fun. now i can at least feel like im going really fast! highly recommended. oh yea i also modified my box i cut out the bottom and cut out the side closet to passenger fender. it gave it more air and made it a bit louder. was it worth to cut that piece? in my case i dont think so, but i havent got my new engine in yet so we will see......:bounce: :D

From a drop in air filter????
Next your going to tell us by installing the tornado in your ride you are leaving 60' patches from your holeshot.
I've tried the filters before and you wouldnt be able to tell one way or another from a new filter. Maybe your old one was way past due for a change.

all i can say is my X is got pick now.

Is that contagious? Is there something a doctor can do?
:cool:

well i can tell you it did make a heck of a difference my other air filter was less than a month old. i did cut my filter box to get more air in it but i tried this after i installed k&n once without and i could definetly tell a difference from the paper filter. dont know mabe im just a lucky one.

Back