Just Ordered New Pioneer Stereo! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Ordered New Pioneer Stereo!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good choice, on of my friends has that in is crown Vic, it is a very good unit.

Did a lot of research. Has everything that I am gunna need. I'll post pictures of the install! Just gotta keep saving for my Boston Acoustic speakers now 8)

Potential Setup... What do you guys think?

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD (purchased)

Boston Acoustics 4 Channel Amp GTA 740 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065GTA704/Boston-Acoustics-GTA-704.html?tp=35782

Boston Acoustics Mono Amp GTA 1000M http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065GTA1000/Boston-Acoustics-GTA-1000M.html?tp=35834

Door Speakers... Still shopping around. Staying with Boston Acoustics though. Any suggestions?

Boston Acoustics G110-44 Subwoofers x2 http://www.bostonacoustics.com/G1-C248.aspx

Thanks for any advice and input! I have been doing a lot of studying, but am still VERY new with all this terminology and how everything works.

J.B.

Nothing against BA, but I am an Infinity man myself, every Infinity speakers I have heard, in cars, or in home use, I love. My Moms Grand Cherokee has an Infinity Gold setup, and it is THE BEST stock system I have ever heard.

To be honest though, it is a very good idea you have to keep with the same company, because their components will work with each other.

I have heard about some BA speakers that have a removable tweeter, that A LOT of people swear by, may want to check that out.

I myself have been thinking about getting this particular unit, and you guys just made my decision a lot easier. :)

I've been browsing around a bit and haven't heard any negative comments about this one.

I have just been a boston acoustics guy my whole life and figured their same quality of home systems would transfer over into the car audio world haha!

Still shopping around in terms of door speakers. Thanks for the suggestion 1996BLKBaur!

Keep em coming haha

Good choice in radios. I really like the pioneer radios. I had purchased an AVH-P6800DVD last year at this time...then I upgraded to the AVH-P4300DVD about a month ago. However, I didn't like the bluetooth adapter (CD-BTB200) needed for these units. It recognized my phone as a NEW phone every time it connected to the head unit, and it didn't let me have control of my contact list or dial out from head unit.
I just got the AVH-P4400BH, a week ago, and I love it. It has a better bluetooth adapter built in. My phone and my girls phone sync up without issue. It recognizes my phone immediately, and I can access my phone book from the head unit.
I already have my sights set on getting the new Pioneer AppRadio 2. Its compatible with Android and Iphone/Ipod.

FYI....I also noticed you purchased your head unit from Best Buy. If you want better prices on stuff like this, I suggest trying eBay, Amazon, or www.savinglots.com. You could have saved close to $50 on the AVH-P1400DVD at either of those locations.

Just called boston acoustics and they are pulling their entire care audio department. So no more boston acoustic car audio. THIS SUCKS! Luckily I haven't bought any of that stuff yet, but no warranties or any support on any of their products? Idk about buying from them anymore... :(

Thoughts?

Just called boston acoustics and they are pulling their entire care audio department. So no more boston acoustic car audio. THIS SUCKS! Luckily I haven't bought any of that stuff yet, but no warranties or any support on any of their products? Idk about buying from them anymore... :(

Thoughts?

Rockford Fostgate is a good company, Me personally, I am going with Infinity speakers, which would be close quality wise, both construction, and sound. As for amplifiers, I am choosing Sound Stream, great build quality, plus A LOT of pro competition people use their products, so i know they can handle abuse. I am going for a compromise between cost, and quality. I am uncertain about your particular situation, on whether to tell you that MB Quart will be best, or Walmart Pioneer Stuff will work for you.

Have any pictures of radio installed?

Just installed one of those head units in my truck the other day. Love it!

if you want quality then id go with morel components, there probably the best sounding set of speakers ive ever heard, and depending how much bass you want you could go with sundown audio, american bass, dc audio are really good quality

Installing this week!

Any photos yet of installation?

Back